Please help!!!! Really Sore hair extensions?

Emmaz

Please help!!!! Really Sore hair extensions?

Post by Emmaz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi guys looking for some advice

Had hair extensions this morning. Microring method used with a hair weft, so secured the weft(weave) with microrings, its extremely sore on my scalp where the microrings are is this normal just because its where she has secured my hair or not? Please help its so sore and im not sure what to do.

Thankyou

Emma

MrsEss

Re: Please help!!!! Really Sore hair extensions?

Post by MrsEss » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Microrings shouldn't be right on your scalp.

I'd go back to the extensionist & tell her.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Most extensions make your scalp sore at first, especially the day you get them. Try to give it a day or two to settle, and then see how you're feeling. It's very normal to be sore right after an installation of any type.
It could be that they were installed a little too tight (as DSM mentioned). Unless you notice your hair being pulled out at the root where the microrings were installed, be extra gentle on your hair and give it a few days and they will relax as your hair grows out just slightly. If the weight of your extensions is enough to yank them out or cause unrelenting pain, you should go talk to your stylist.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:55 pm

Or you may be allergic to the metal or silicone used in the microlinks.

I have fusion remi extensions done in a salon (after years of self-inflicting!) and for the first week i remember thinking - this doesn't feel right. I could really feel the bonds and it drove me mad, but after that they were purfect

It depends on what kind of 'sore' you mean, if you've got abit of a headache and feel abit fed up with them, thinking they weren't what you expected then grin and bear it for the next few days

If you mean sore as in itchy, burning, migrane, severe pain, pussy, very very dry skin etc then you could be allergic

.... yes it does happen - i had a girl once who turned out to be allergic to KK! x

Emmaz

Post by Emmaz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks guys for your replies!

Last night it was extremely sore but today infact although its still a bit sore to touch its gone down painwise a hell of a lot, iv noticed its started itching a bit though not sure if this is normal. Apart from the itchnyess and still a bit sore there is nothing else im not sure whether its just because im not used to it and its just been done?

I really appreciate your help as its been worrying me, dont exactly want to get them removed they look fantastic.

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 am

Itching is very normal in the beginning.. You should try not to scratch as much, It makes it worse...

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Kajablomst. wrote:Itching is very normal in the beginning.. You should try not to scratch as much, It makes it worse...
exactly this!
Super normal to be itchy, especially at first.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

Emmaz

Post by Emmaz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Thankyou :D I was a bit worried at first that maybe i was having a reaction but its not too sore anymore and although its really itching if its normal thats ok, i dont really have any other signs of an allergic reaction

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm

It's very unlikely to be allergic to microrings... I've never heard of any who are.. :) I'm glad it worked for you after all... :D Extentions can be hard to adapt to, but when you do it's all good.

FLstyler

Post by FLstyler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:48 pm

I have to agree with everyone about the itching. Pretty good amount of my new customers that have never used extensions have complained about the itching and sometimes disconfort but usually after 3 to 4 days it usually goes away. it just takes a little bit to get used to it.
Your number one source for hair extension products!
http://www.samourastore.com

jounderw

Post by jounderw » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:46 pm

I had a similar thing happen to me, but once I got used to my new extensions, I never noticed them again. In the meantime, I took IB proffen to ease the pain of the soreness from the extensions. It also will help you get a better sleep if you do this.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”