-WANTED- help with Thigh highs/ fishnet on "chubby" girls

SynthetiKat

-WANTED- help with Thigh highs/ fishnet on "chubby" girls

Post by SynthetiKat » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:31 pm

So I usually stick with thigh highs and don't USUALLY have too much of a problem. Recently I've been wanting different colors other than the basic black. So I got some neon thigh highs but they pinch my legs terribly and just look awful as my thighs kinda stick out because they are WAY too tight. This might not be just for chubby girls as my tiny cousin's thighs do the same. I also just bought some fence net pantyhose and the opening looks like it would fit my thigh and when I put them on under some hot pants that I had it looked horrible as it had the same pinching effect that the thigh highs have on my legs.

So my question to you is how do you girls keep this from happening? Should I cut the elastic band off and re-sew a new one in on the pantyhose? It would be painstaking I'm sure but would it be worth it to not have my panthyhose look ridiculous? And as for the thigh highs the bands match the fishnet so how could I possible stretch that or work with it to make it.. not so tight?

Oi. Any help is appreciated. And if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry. Wasn't sure where else to put it.
-- SynthetiKat --

[[Violet.Nightmare]]

Re: -WANTED- help with Thigh highs/ fishnet on "chubby" girls

Post by [[Violet.Nightmare]] » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 am

Maybe you should consider looking for the stockings that have the plastic at the top? i think theres a certain type of plastic that they put at the top of some stocings thats non slip

saying that i cant actually find the hold ups i saw it on but ill have more through look and post if i do find.
"Once you cressp you just cant splessp"

bingeandpurge

Post by bingeandpurge » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:17 pm

I find wearing a pair of regular stockings (the kind that has a waistband) under the thigh highs sometimes helps, it's like the stockings are holding everything in so the thigh-highs don't bulge as much.
There are no rules anywhere. The Goddess prevails.
Hail Eris!

http://bingeandpurge.deviantart.com

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 pm

I gave up on wearing them alone completely. What I do now is stretch out the tops, and hold them up with a garter belt instead. The straps help displacce the squeezing nature of the stocking top around my thigh (the stretching helps too of course) and I get the look of sexy straps as well!

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:49 pm

I agree with the garter belts fully. Any time I wear thigh highs I usually just cut the top off if it's that tight solid cloth band and then attach them with the garters or if I don't want to wear garter belt I use safetly pins and attach them to another pair of full leg fishnets I have underneath - I like to layer them quite often.
Also, I've found as Violent Nightmare mentioned if they're made with the rubber backing at the top and a wide lace top they tend to be more stretchy and hold up better.
For pantyhose I always cut a little notch out of the band in the front. I hate the way they cut into my tummy... just make sure you start small as the hole stretches quickly and if it's too big you'd have to either use a safety pin or scrap them. This only really works for fishnets or control top ones with the tchick part up top, if it's nylon all the way up it'll run immediately.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 pm

CherryLex wrote:I agree with the garter belts fully. Any time I wear thigh highs I usually just cut the top off if it's that tight solid cloth band and then attach them with the garters or if I don't want to wear garter belt I use safetly pins and attach them to another pair of full leg fishnets I have underneath - I like to layer them quite often.

i do that too! It works great!

SynthetiKat

Post by SynthetiKat » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:40 am

^_^

Thank you all for the help. I was starting to get irritated with my stretching processes only working to a certain point. Another idea I had as far as the fishnet pantyhose go and the band being tight was to throw on a corset or waist cincher because well.. that just pulls it all in anyway!

Just nice to know I'm not the only one who has tried to figure this nonsense out.
-- SynthetiKat --

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:30 pm

the full tights were they end up going around your waist, you can always fold them down a bit..i do so they end up being on my hips instead of my waist and they hold up fine ^^ that way you don't need the wasit cincher on lol
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:44 pm

I usually buy a size up from what I am so that the elastics on hold ups don't pinch as much, the only problem with this is if you're short you end up with thigh highs up around your butt! And normal tights up to your bra! but it means I don't get a horrible bulge. I will have to try cutting a notch in my tights though.

Haylum

Post by Haylum » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:00 pm

I always buy large/xlarge stockings and make sure they're not hold ups. Hold ups seem to pinch a lot more than regular stockings.
Haggis McNoodle Synthetic Dreadlocks

Unmentioned Secret Lovechild of the Blue Army and Red Rebellion

SynthetiKat

Post by SynthetiKat » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:32 am

I try to buy the biggest size possible but what usually happens is it ends up being one size fits most. And then as far as the plus size ones go I usually can't find the style I want in plus so I get stuck. Someone needs to inform the fashion world that most of us aren't super tiny.
-- SynthetiKat --

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:34 pm

SynthetiKat wrote:I try to buy the biggest size possible but what usually happens is it ends up being one size fits most. And then as far as the plus size ones go I usually can't find the style I want in plus so I get stuck. Someone needs to inform the fashion world that most of us aren't super tiny.
This. Not only do I have chubby legs, but I'm also quite tall, so I need xxtall stockings which are hard to come by. They're easy enough to find locally in purple, pink etc but not in fishnets or even plain stockings!

I usually wear tights because stockings always fall down on me, or dig into me. I need to invest in a good pair of suspenders, methinks. Though I do prefer tights because they're warm and easier to put on.
More human than human

wiccan_willow

Post by wiccan_willow » Wed May 06, 2009 3:16 pm

finding fishnets that stay propery may be a hassle, they have lots of sizes that say one size fits all but really dont... i've gone from store to store looking for the right ones. now i work at torrid, its a plus size female clothing store. its the sister store to hot topic, use to have alot of hot topic clothing in plus size but now we're more dressy punk styles, we have the best stockings and fishnets there. they stay in place and i have big calves so i know. check out http://www.torrid.com they have alot of the more vibrant colors online since most of the hot topic stuff went tot th online store!!! =D if anything just message me and i'll see what i can do for ya hun!

VibrantDoll

Post by VibrantDoll » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:27 pm

I buy all my thigh highs from Torrid. What I usually do is wear a pair of riding shorts or Spanx that go to mid thigh or knee length. Then I pin the knee highs or thigh highs to the shorts. It helps me with the thigh pinching and it makes a nice line. For the "pinning" I use those hair barettes that snap into place. Regular pins are a hazard and these grab the fabric enough without being hazardous.

Torrid's thigh highs are made specifically for larger girls so the bands are a little larger than a normal pair of thigh highs. And since the whole 80s thing is in right now, they usually have several different colors in stock.

If not, try looking at Sock Dreams. They sometimes carry plus sized thigh highs and often if you contact the owner and ask her for plus sized thigh highs she'll be able to figure out how to get them to you.

Hope this helps!!

wiccan_willow

Post by wiccan_willow » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Also with Torrid's thigh highs, they have a cling strip along the top so they dont fall and yes, they do run wider because it is a plus size store. :i2:

*this is O.T... BUT SPANX ARE AWSOME =D =D =D*

Allexiyah

Post by Allexiyah » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm

TORRID ALL THE WAY

HyperLink

Post by HyperLink » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:17 am

I have never wore thight highs because Im pretty damn short so usually they're way too long for me(im only 4'10'') and I also have chubby legs so they defiantly pinch and stuff. I just rather stick to regular stockings I can mod if needed :i2:
My Signature Got Caught In The Chainsaw<3

wiccan_willow

Post by wiccan_willow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:11 pm

HyperLink wrote:I have never wore thight highs because Im pretty damn short so usually they're way too long for me(im only 4'10'') and I also have chubby legs so they defiantly pinch and stuff. I just rather stick to regular stockings I can mod if needed :i2:

haha thats so cute =^.^= so knee highs would probably fit you as thigh highs

SynthetiKat

Post by SynthetiKat » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:00 pm

HyperLink wrote:I have never wore thight highs because Im pretty damn short so usually they're way too long for me(im only 4'10'') and I also have chubby legs so they defiantly pinch and stuff. I just rather stick to regular stockings I can mod if needed :i2:

Most of my thigh highs do come up a bit high because I'm short as well!! But I just noticed all the other replies and like all the different ideas. :)
-- SynthetiKat --

bluexeon

Post by bluexeon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:28 pm

I have humongous legs at the top (having a size 16 waist and size 22 legs). I wear a pair of tights underneath and then stockings with a belt. I know what you mean with the whole bulging, i definately know what you mean. I went to Evans, they sell stockings in there to fit up to a size 36. I bought the Size 3 ones (Size 26 to 36). They are bigger than my normal size but dont bulge at the top.Another thing my nan used to do for me which is a bit faffy but cool is just cut a slit about 2 inch down the backs of them, depending on what material you have bought either melt or put nail varnish on the edges so they dont ladder more and make a corset type thing at the back so then theyre loose and when you tighten them they tighten up if that makes sense. You gotta be careful with the type of materal cos not all tights will let you do this.

sugarpain

Post by sugarpain » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:39 pm

As a bigger girl, my experience has worked out best with either 1) a larger size thigh high and a garter belt (I know those are okay seeing as I've gotten my stick thin friend to wear my thigh highs and we did that/ it looked normal and not big). Or, I would invest in some pantyhose like the rest of the girls on here are suggesting too. In my experience I like panty hose a whole lot more, less hassle. :)

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”