The Ultimate Punk69 Corset Ordering Guide

Allexiyah

The Ultimate Punk69 Corset Ordering Guide

Post by Allexiyah » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:03 pm

I get alot of questions about these so this is my guide, my own opinions, based on my experiences!

How to calculate your corset size

Now the standard way is take your normal waist measurement, say 34", then deduct 4". So your corset size would be 30", then if you were a 35" natural waist go for a 30 or 32".

However that measurement is taken on the basis that you are shaped 'averagely' eg - your bust and your hips are larger than your waist. If you are shaped differently then take your smallest measurement and deduct 2 - 4".

Corset Styles

Overbusts

Sweetheart bustlines - Tend to be longer than straight bustlines, so if you are short, or short bodied then try to avoid these. They can be difficult to sit down in as well. I am 5'10" and these are just right for me.
Also bigger girls like me, who tend to get the corset 'bulge' at the front wont get this with a longer corset.

Straightbustlines - Tend to be shorter than standard sizes. For me these sit just below my nipples so make a boobie 'shelf' on my chest. Fab for shorter/shorter bodied girlies. Also great if you are very tall as you can wear it slightly lower and wear it as an underbust, which brings me onto...

Underbusts

Tend to come up smaller than overbusts, so if you take a 30" overbust then buy a 32" underbust. They dont tend to come in different shapes (however longlines, and over-the-hip ones can be bought from other places) but do come with different fastenings.

Fastenings

Corsets come in a variety of front fastenings. I have listed them below in order of strength, so if you are a tightlacer try to stick with the top 1/2

Busk
Zip
Hook and eye
Laced
Plain (no fastening)

Boning

Boning comes in 2 different types
Normal - quite rigid, can be difficult if you plan to dance/sit
Spiral - just as strong but offers more room to move whilst keeping you nice and tight

Material

Cotton - the coolest to wear by far
Satin - next in line from cotton, very pretty
Velvet - tends to be quite warm
PVC/leather - will heat you up and can be abit sweaty

All punk69 corsets are cotton lined

Wearing your corset - lacing

Cotton, satin corsets - loosen to the max, put on, do up the bust/zip at the front. Start by pulling the lacing, then lacing from top to middle, and bottom to middle. This helps you pull everything in to the centre to help you get a wasp like waist

Leather - loosten to the max, do up so its moderatley tight but NOT giving you a reduction. Wait 20 minutes, this enables the leather to warm up to your body temperature and mould to your body shape better. Lacing a cold leather corset uber tight can damage the fabric and structure of the corset.

General

Everyone gets a 'back crack' at some point, where you seem to have a bum crack on your back. Dont worry, imo it looks beautiful! Theres no way to avoid it other than no lacing as tight

Back/arm bulges - will happen when tightlacing alot, especially if you carry a little bit of fat there. The only i have found to avoid it is not to lace so tightly at the top, or to wear a top under your corset.

Ouchies - If you put a corset on, tighten it and it hurts - TAKE IT OFF! Thats your body telling you not to wear it so do not ignore it!

Tightlacers - like me, im quite big (size 20 top, 24 bottom) and i lace TIGHT. If i dont wear a top underneath then my corset it will mark my skin. When i take it off it can be a little sore from where parts have dug into my skin underneath for so long, which can be rectified by wearing a top underneath

Training - i am not going to post a guide in here, but if you wish to train your waist then check out guides/tut's on the internet and remember..... do it SLOWLY!

Removing your corset

UNDO UNDO UNDO it first! Dont just undo the busk and remove it, it will bend the busk. Totally loosen the back lacing then take it off

If i've missed anything please add! :D

*,meme,*

Re: The Ultimate Punk69 Corset Ordering Guide

Post by *,meme,* » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 am

thank you for this .. :i2:

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:11 am

Ooo thank you :D

mourningpoetic

Post by mourningpoetic » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:39 am

This is amazing! Thanks a load. :mrgreen:
~.:I am WOMAN hear me RAWR!:.~

kiss_of_death

Post by kiss_of_death » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:32 pm

thanks for this i needed it
I wont do it with you, I'll do it to you!
Email = death_kiss_dreads@yahoo.com
www.myspace.com/deathkissdreads

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Just thought I'd add a bit.

PVC corsets do not give as much waist reduction as the other materials. PVC expands to fit around your body, rather than your body being pushed in the fit the corset. I noticed this when I realised I could get my PVC underbust laced tighter than my satin one and that I looked less nipped in when wearing the PVC, even though it is tighter.

Piglette

Post by Piglette » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am

But Just a Question.
Are there any style of corsets that are a lot nicer to Busty Girls?!
As in they keep you where you should be?!
Ive always feared even thinking about buying a Corset because The styles I like are always shown on Small chested women and Im not sure if it would even be decent for public wear.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:08 am

I prefer sweetheart bust lines since straight bustlines shove everything up towards my chin whereas sweetheart busts gently cup ;)

Piglette

Post by Piglette » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Oooh.
Thank you very Much! :D

uid

Post by uid » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:27 am

Thank you for this, this is so useful

cemearg

Post by cemearg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 am

As Punk69 now require you to have a username and password to view the corsets on their site, I have uploaded images of their collection to my PhotoBucket account. Details below ... click on link to visit collection. Password is in purple text lower down on page.

Naughty Collection
Womens Clothing
Underbust
Overbust

You can click on each image for a larger view.

THIS IS NOT intended to provide full details of options available with each corset, but provides you with a peek at their merchandise.

Magic word to view my album is itsasecret and this may change from time to time if required.

CemearG :ugeek:
Last edited by cemearg on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

EbonNoire

Post by EbonNoire » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:41 am

omg this is perfect for my waist training journey. i hope to get a beautiful hour glass figure someday...now i just need a proper corset.
My direct site is: WWW.myspace.com/ebonnoire

Return to “Tutorials - Everything Else”