Keratin Bonds Hair

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
doclocks
Site Admin

Re: Keratin Bonds Hair

Post by doclocks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:48 pm

That depends on your goals. Fusion is one of many methods that can work great, but it has several pros as well as cons. You might check out nano tips as well.

None of the style of fusion tips matter (as long as they aren't I-TIP - those aren't for fusion). Just a preference shape is all.
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

BlondeMorgan

Re: Keratin Bonds Hair

Post by BlondeMorgan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

I agree.
There are pros and cons to Itip. I've had them for about 6 months and truly love them.
Pro:
No glue or heat.
Easy to remove on your own if you wish
Easy to wash my hair with them in
I don't find they get itchy like some people say

Con:
If you're rough when you brush your hair like I am, they will slip out. (I lose 3-5 strands a week because of it but it's my fault)
Hard to do on your own. I purchased beads but they were too small for the strands my girl put it.
The first night of sleeping on them every time you get them will give you an it if a headache. It isn't as bad once you learn how to position yourself, but it's only the first night.
I find that the strands that come out only have a few pieces of natural hair in them if I happen to pull them out when brushing. My hair is so bleached that it's really short and thinning so every hair in my head I want to keep!

I'm considering doing both tape in and itip. When I start to lose pieces I'll put a few tape in strands. I ordered some hair so we will see how that goes. Trying to keep costs down since I'm a nursing student and it gets expensive to see my girl all the time.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Return to “Hair Critique”