best blue for mixing neon green?

fishyadienlee

best blue for mixing neon green?

Post by fishyadienlee » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 pm

i plan on going neon/lime green but i was wondering what would be the best blue to use to mix with MP's electric banana?
i know that certain blues fade a grey/silver ick-ness and id like to stray away from that if possible. =]
also to get the more neon/lime-ness i would use more yellow then blue but roughly what ratio would i need?

fishyadienlee

Re: best blue for mixing neon green?

Post by fishyadienlee » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:10 am

thanks bunches!

the reason i wanted to use blue is that ive been told that most greens have crappy staying power, also because i dont like the dull-ness of MP electric lizard =/

those pictures you posted [the nail polish one to be exact] is exactly what im looking for!

so i would be better off using sfx's limelight then say electric blue?

since im in the US manic panic and sfx are the easiest to buy.
manic panic fits my price range but sfx will last longer XP choices choices choices!!!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:58 am

I mix MP Electric Banana with Affinage (old formula) True Turquoise. It is brighter than Spring Green by Directions. I agree that MP and even SFX lime greens are very dull looking, they don't turn out neon enough, so you need a bright neon yellow base as Madii said, Electric Banana will suffice. Don't use SFX Blue Haired Freak though, it's a rather muted blue colour. SFX Fishbowl or Blue Mayhem would be the best to mix with.

fishyadienlee

Post by fishyadienlee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:20 pm

thanks gals! ive bought mp electric banana and sfx blue mayhem =] what would be a good ratio for the mix? i know ill use more yellow then blue but do u have a n idea of how much to use? :i2:

fishyadienlee

Post by fishyadienlee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

wow well that was totally professional of you.

rivetlicker listed it in her comment that blue mayhem works and thats what i went with because it was available to me.

and yes i did read what you typed, you said nothing about not using blue mayhem. ive never bought this dye before so personally couldn't have know it was purple based.

i know no one is perfect but i really dont think i deserved to be yelled/cursed at over this.

Return to “Styling and Color”