bleaching a grease mess

wickerhart

bleaching a grease mess

Post by wickerhart » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:42 am

Ok so I've never done this myself before but I plan to bleach my dark brown hair to a platinum blonde with the least amount of yellowishness possible. I've seen and read so many topics on this but I couldn't find what I was looking for... I have some crazy like extremely oily grease mess of fine thin hair. I can't use conditioner bc after an hr it looks nasty. I have to wash it every single day unless I'm not going anywhere.

So my question is... is it less likely to damage my hair because of the oily nature of it? And if that's the case can I get through this horrible ginger stage faster? I'm wanting to get a platinum so I can get either a teal or a bubble gum pink underneath to make it pop

ShadowThrone

Re: bleaching a grease mess

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 am

I'm not sure if it offers any damage control having greasier hair, but you can't avoid the gingery stage :lol: if you leave the bleach on long enough though, you'll go through that stage and onto blonde. Or you can do two shorter bleaches.

UrbanHairDesigns

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:02 pm

The oil will not effect the bleaching process. Your hair is less dry so it will have a smaller chance of damage, however it can happen if you leave it on too long. I would suggest using bleach with 20 vol. twice with a conditioning treatment after. But if your hair isn't damaged to start with you should be ok.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:36 pm

It doesnt help at all because bleach is damaging, but because its drying, I find that with bleached hair I don't get half as greasy...or actually at all now because its so processed.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Mkatsi wrote:It doesnt help at all because bleach is damaging, but because its drying, I find that with bleached hair I don't get half as greasy...or actually at all now because its so processed.
I definitely have this. My hair is also the kind that needs washing every day otherwise I look like I stuck my hair in a deep fat fryer, but when I was a platinum/white blonde I could go two or three days in between washes and still looked fine.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 am

Sometimes I bleach/dye my hair just to get a lot of the greaseyness out. It works, and Ive never noticed much damaged.

wickerhart

Post by wickerhart » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:17 am

Thank you for all the advise. I got a box of blonde dye that lightened it up to a darker gingery color bit its liveable. For it to actually look decent I have to wear it in low pigtails I'm thinking about bleaching the crap outta it maybe Monday. But I'm so terrified to damage it because I had a bad experience. Lets just say a perm 2 days after hilights killed it once. It broke off and left me with nasty stubble on my crown. But I think I've prepared it pretty well... I use a shampoo made for intensely damaged hair and I will do a deep conditioning treatment on it afterwards. Its pretty healthy now so I'm just crossing my fingers.

Return to “Styling and Color”