Bleaching/Dyeing Eyebrows

FrankenBabe

Bleaching/Dyeing Eyebrows

Post by FrankenBabe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:07 am

I've searched this and could not find anything, so, how would I go about bleaching my dark brown/black thick eyebrows to dye blue? How often will I have to do this? My biggest concern is that 1. it will look horrible on me and 2. My eyebrows grow so quick and are so thick and large I will have to do it quite often and it will probably burn/damage skin?

FrankenBabe

Re: Bleaching/Dyeing Eyebrows

Post by FrankenBabe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Madii wrote:
how would I go about bleaching my dark brown/black thick eyebrows to dye blue?
With bleach.

a lower volume? ( like 9?)

Damage sustained is proportional to duration of exposure and strength of the chemical. Same safety precautions apply as using bleach on your head. Except, y'know, it's near your fuckin' eyes. Use the same common sense you do when bleaching your scalp hair; don't leave it on too fuckin' long and don't get it in your fuckin' eyes.

:lol: ive never had that problem with getting bleach in my eyes, who does that???

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 am

Madi meant when bleaching your eyebrows don't get it in your eyes, not when you're bleaching your head ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Madii wrote:
how would I go about bleaching my dark brown/black thick eyebrows to dye blue?
With bleach.
How often will I have to do this?
As often as they grow out.
My biggest concern is that 1. it will look horrible on me
I am not here to tell you that you look pretty. Make your own fashion decisions.
and 2. My eyebrows grow so quick and are so thick and large I will have to do it quite often and it will probably burn/damage skin?
Shape your eyebrows before you bleach them.

Eyebrows grow out crazy fast, you never realise this until you bleach them. Visible roots appear in about a week.

Damage sustained is proportional to duration of exposure and strength of the chemical. Same safety precautions apply as using bleach on your head. Except, y'know, it's near your ---- eyes. Use the same common sense you do when bleaching your scalp hair; don't leave it on too---- long and don't get it in your ----- eyes.
The swearing and attitude could use some restraint. Rules: #1 No swearing or obscenities. #3 Be polite.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

TBF, there are no rules in this section ;)

There is no pink box at the top of styling & colour.

& I think it depends how you read it as to whether you would find it impolite or not.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:28 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:TBF, there are no rules in this section ;)

There is no pink box at the top of styling & colour.

& I think it depends how you read it as to whether you would find it impolite or not.
True, there's no specific rules in this area, but I'd think we'd all know that the board rules apply to the entire board.

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

just a word of warning imho, bleaching them is an absolute pain in the arse, seriously. when i used to do mine i had to keep doing it constantly and just got fed up in the end, you could just pluck your eyebrows thin and
use a coloured pencil or wot not over the top thats what i sometimes do.

im confused as to how madi's post came across as having an attitude??????????????????? and as for the swearing i didnt even notice, so it certainly dont bother or offend me, thats my pinion though.
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

myhappymassacre

Post by myhappymassacre » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

I used Jolen Creme Bleach (the one for facial hair) to do mine! I used to leave it on for about twelve minutes and it worked a treat, which surprised me. And that was on thick, brown eyebrows :).

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:00 pm

this is easily talking me out of dyeing my hair blue all together D:

I thought Madii was just kidding w/the first post, I did'nt take offense to it, so its fine.

About the keeping up with it 24/7, um, yeah not sure if I even want to go blue anymore. I dont think I can take the bleach anymore, Ive done a few bleach baths and my hair is three different shades from previous dyes now and unless I saturate it every night in 3 min miracle, its fried. :( I think I give up. boooo.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:04 pm

FrankenBabe wrote:this is easily talking me out of dyeing my hair blue all together D:

I thought Madii was just kidding w/the first post, I did'nt take offense to it, so its fine.

About the keeping up with it 24/7, um, yeah not sure if I even want to go blue anymore. I dont think I can take the bleach anymore, Ive done a few bleach baths and my hair is three different shades from previous dyes now and unless I saturate it every night in 3 min miracle, its fried. :( I think I give up. boooo.
*but i still would like to go blue, so much OMFG i dont know anymore :?

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm

This is unrelated to eyebrows, but if you are that determined to go blue, and your hair is genuinely that fried, then do what Madi recommended to me and suck it up, grow out your hair to complete virgin hair, and start from scratch. My hair isn't even damaged and it's what I'm doing to get the black out before I go back to white/silver, and I'm fairly certain it's what Madi did before she embarked on her glorious blue adventure.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Bomber wrote:This is unrelated to eyebrows, but if you are that determined to go blue, and your hair is genuinely that fried, then do what Madi recommended to me and suck it up, grow out your hair to complete virgin hair, and start from scratch. My hair isn't even damaged and it's what I'm doing to get the black out before I go back to white/silver, and I'm fairly certain it's what Madi did before she embarked on her glorious blue adventure.
ive got about 2 inchs of regrowth but my hairs only about 6 inches with about 1inch thats actually damaged, do you think it would be ok? (If i just cut that inch or so?) Usually I dont chicken out on these things but look where that got me D: here.

eh, I guess well just wait and see what happens, ive got senior pics next friday, i'll go from there. :)

thanks to everyone for their input!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:12 pm

It's just that to get a good, even blue you need your hair all one colour and that's a lot harder to do if you start with regrowth rather than hair that's all one colour.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Bomber wrote:It's just that to get a good, even blue you need your hair all one colour and that's a lot harder to do if you start with regrowth rather than hair that's all one colour.
Even with a darker blue?

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:16 pm

Especially with a darker blue! Even the slightest yellow tone to the hair will turn blue dye a green colour. It's easier to get away with yellow tones with a turquoise or teal but for a proper, pure dark blue you need white white hair.

FrankenBabe

Post by FrankenBabe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:30 am

Wow, why did I never realize this? It makes sense though, would SPX blue mayhem be dark enough? I don't think going white will be to much of a problem, my ends are the worst part. Maybe I'll just cut them out after all the bleaching is done. Thanks again :)

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:16 pm

eyebrow wise
Why not, as suggested, instead of dye, bleach them light, and then fill in with blue shadow. I draw my brows on every day with brown shadow, and its just a normal part of my make up routine now, you'd get used to it quickly enough.

Return to “Styling and Color”