Pastel Purple Help

EmsyHammer

Pastel Purple Help

Post by EmsyHammer » Wed May 18, 2011 9:26 pm

I having been trying to get a nice pastel purple colour.
something similar to this:
AND

I have bleached and toned my hair and used Directions Lilac which was ok but I found it wouldn't take in places and was a bit blue in tone.
I re did it a few months later, bleached and toned then used Crazy Colours Voiletta, which went bright purple which annoyed me, as it was a recommendation from friend for being pale. But even now it has faded (with help from Big from Lush) it has gone very bluey.
Does anyone have any dyes or solutions for getting the colour i want to achieve?

thank you
x
When your heroes let you down, Pray for Villians.

Couture_Coiffure

Re: Pastel Purple Help

Post by Couture_Coiffure » Wed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Back when I toned my bleached hair to get it white, I noticed that if I left the toner on too long, my hair went violet. This might be worth a try if you can't figure out anything else.
Angel de'Vil Designs | Website | Shop | Blog | Facebook

EmsyHammer

Post by EmsyHammer » Wed May 18, 2011 11:40 pm

i tried that a while ago, I have a violet shampoo that sort of did it but it wasn't quite right. Thank hun, what toner what it that you used? if you don't mind me asking?

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Wed May 18, 2011 11:55 pm

I do pastel purple all the time. My personal mix is half crazy colour lilac & lavender. Comes out lush.

Another thing I like to do is do crazy colour lilac, then but a bit of neon pink on a soft brush (the one's with bristles like tooth brushes) & carefully make highlights by brushing it through.

I found that the lilac doesn't work too good on fried hair though, it comes out patchy.

But once you've got the colour you want, invest in some silvershampoo & wash your hair with that, it keeps the pastel colour going for ages.

EmsyHammer

Post by EmsyHammer » Thu May 19, 2011 12:00 am

space_waste wrote:I do pastel purple all the time. My personal mix is half crazy colour lilac & lavender. Comes out lush.

Another thing I like to do is do crazy colour lilac, then but a bit of neon pink on a soft brush (the one's with bristles like tooth brushes) & carefully make highlights by brushing it through.

I found that the lilac doesn't work too good on fried hair though, it comes out patchy.

But once you've got the colour you want, invest in some silvershampoo & wash your hair with that, it keeps the pastel colour going for ages.
awesome, I was considering mixing colours as i find the colours I use to have a blue tones to them so maybe mixing would even it out!
do you use it on dry hair or wet hair though?

thank you hunxxxx

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 am

I always do it on dry hair & comb it through so it goes a bit frothy. I've never tried on wet hair, so I couldn't tell you how that would work out

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Thu May 19, 2011 11:11 am

I made that colour by mixing Directions Turquoise and (I think) Carnation Pink), however it faded very pink as the blue went out a lot faster.

Letty

Post by Letty » Fri May 20, 2011 1:58 pm

I got this colour from using SFX blue mayhem then fading!

When death sleeps, it dreams of you.

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm

I usually mix directions violet and conditioner. ^_^

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri May 20, 2011 6:34 pm

no tips sorry,
but that is an absolutely gorgoues colour :D
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

XxDigitalDolliexX

Post by XxDigitalDolliexX » Sun May 29, 2011 8:43 am

space_waste wrote:I do pastel purple all the time. My personal mix is half crazy colour lilac & lavender. Comes out lush.

this is excellent advice!
thankou girls I was wondering the same thing on lavander.
However my hair is kinda yellow (even after toning)Im not sure if its gonna get the lavender lush color :?
He who rules the spice,Rules the world!
Let the spice flow
-Dune

Come say hi!
lil bit o'bouts me!
Buy my Stuff!

Return to “Styling and Color”