Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

faticeira

Re: Skincare Products *Positive Reviews*

Post by faticeira » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:43 pm

There are completely opposite opinions on it for skin, however it is made petroleum...not great. Just like Sulfates are degreasers used on machinary.

I remember doing something silly and putting Vaseline in a barbie's hair. Had to cut that hair off.

For skin, it tends to coat it rather than sinking in and being accepted by the skin, like wax, and although that gives the impression of moisturising, when you remove it, it can strip the skin of moisture.

A nice oil to use are natural ones like jojoba, almond and avocado :)

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:06 pm

Witch Gentle exfoliating face wash

Really nice face wash thats simple to use and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean

Witch cleanser

i've used this product for years on and off (not constantly because i forget I have it)

Its really nice and im appalled at the colour of a cotton wool pad after its been wide across my face with this stuff on it,lol
Like I said,I dont use it every day, but i've had the same bottle for a long time
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

HairAndStuff

Post by HairAndStuff » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:46 pm

For anyone the has issues with constant, persistent acne, like I have for years, I highly recommend Acne Free. It's very similar to Proactive, as it has the trio of face wash/toner/benzoyl peroxide skin cream, but cheaper and works very very quickly! I hadn't used it in quite some time, hoping my skin would just clear up on it's own, then I bought it again to clear my skin up 1 week before I left for my wedding. My skin was smoother, more even toned, and just felt healthier. I highly recommend it.
"I was making someone more portable and found maybe 30 dollars in pennies in their stomach. People are sick." - Jhonen V.
Hair & Stuff.com - Like H&S on FaceBook

WalksWithStrangers

Post by WalksWithStrangers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Nivea So Soft for Face Body and Hands.

I LOVE this stuff! As someone who's always had skin that was constantly on the verge of either being too oily or too dry, I always found it really hard to get a suitable moisturiser, the oiler parts of my skin just break out when I introduce a moisturiser to get rid of my dry tight flaky patches but this stuff is amazing.
It sinks in really fast so I don't walk around feeling like an oilslick and it really is the perfect balance for my skin, it's not too heavy, and it's not too light to make a difference on my flaky patches. Eep :D .
And it's only £2 a tube in Tescos! Win.

faticeira

Post by faticeira » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:59 pm

Dr. Organic
Found at Holland and Barrett, is a great, all natural skincare line with shampoos, soaps, creams, etc... And the prices are good too. So far I used the Vitamin E and the Aloe and both smell gorgeous.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 pm

I have been using products from Liz Earle for the past couple of months, having been introduced by a friend. So far, I have absolutely adored everything I have tried. It's just the right mix of natural and decadent, and feels like a treat every time I use it.

You can buy her stuff easily on ebay and on QVC but I would whole-heartedly recommend buy direct from the site; you get to fill in a questionnaire about your skin and they will recommend products accordingly. When you order, they put in an amazing amount of freebies according to what you told them, sometimes even full-size bottles.

My most recent purchase has been Skin Repair moisturiser for normal/combination skin. At £17 it was more expensive than I am used to spending (I usually grab a store own-brand generic or whatever is on offer) but this was so worth the money. I am using it with Cleanse and Polish cleanser and Instant Boost Skin Tonic. Not only does my skin feel and look great, it feels like a little mini-facial every time I use it. This is easily the best I have ever cared for my skin.

Recommend to all!
http://uk.lizearle.com/?cmp=google_site ... iz+earle+e
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:13 am

Burt's Bee's Repair Serum

Great on my dry winter skin. Makes my skin soft as a baby's booty! Smells delicious too.

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-produc ... serum.html
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Lush Costmetic Lad

I've gone on about this moisturiser. It IS from Lush's male range, but it is unisex. It's got lavender oil in it (so soothing), cocoa butter, citrus oils and such. It is a thick but light moisturiser once on, smells beautiful and makes your skin like a baby's butt. I bought a 45g tub of it in november and now in march, I still have about half of it left after using it nearly every day. A little goes a long way. It's extremely good for dry, sensitive skin (because the boys shave their faces, but us girls just have dry, sensitive skin yeah).

Spooki

Post by Spooki » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 am

Clean and Clear
finishes mattifying moisturizer SPF 15

works really well for controlling shine and keeping my oil slick/ dried lake bed combo of a face from getting flaky. the only downside is it's expensive, nearly $6 for 1.7 OZ.

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Bio-Oil

I've started using this on the acne scars on my back in the last few weeks and have noticed a massive improvement in the colour and texture of my back, I also had a lump removed on my leg last year and its helping improve the look of that scar as well. Its the best stuff i've tried in years :i2:
blah blah blah

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun May 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Lush, None Of Your Beeswax

This lipbalm is great. I've had a cold, so breathing through my mouth made my lips crack. I wore lip gloss for 3 days straight until I got this yesterday. I must say, having no stickiness is a good thing. It looks like my lips are on their way to recovery!

zaea

Post by zaea » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:49 pm

LUSH Ultrabalm

I have had a recent eczema patch appear underneath my right eye, in all it's scaly, raw and burning glory. It had been there for about 2 months before I tried Ultrabalm on it on Saturday. It's completely gone today, I can't even feel where they were. The wrinkles caused by the excessive dry skin are going away as well.

This was only a sample, but I will be buying more.

Alsoooo, the Lovely Jubblies cream. It works. It's not a miracle worker, but it definitely gives a noticeable effect.

donnaoh

Post by donnaoh » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:40 pm

I love elemis lime and giner scrub mixed with skin nourishing bath milk, also by elemis. And lush body massage bars and ultrabland cleanser. Olive oil and green tea as cheap cleanser.

Im not really into spending lots of money on products but i love these. I do a scrub on one side of me and compare it to the other side, theres a VISIBLE difference. Scrubbed side is freshly washed baby coloured and unscrubbed side looks grey, like rigor mortis set in!!! I switch off the shower when im scrubbing it and collect the scrubby bits that fall off and reuse them on my feet. I use the bath milk as body lotion, its a waste using it in the bath as its so expensive.

I used to work for Lush also and love their massage bars. I use them to remove eye makeup. All eye makeup removers irritate my eyes. Ultrabland is great for hardcore makeup.

For cheap cleanser i use olive oil and to remove the excess residue i dip cotton into my green tea. My skin stopped being dehydrated when i started this.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Brown sugar, honey, olive oil, and vanilla. From my cabinet.

Egg whites.. from an egg.

Baking soda.

I think I've decided to never buy shampoo, conditioner, or body wash again. I feel good and I smell like baked goods.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:43 pm

zaea wrote:LUSH Ultrabalm

I have had a recent eczema patch appear underneath my right eye, in all it's scaly, raw and burning glory. It had been there for about 2 months before I tried Ultrabalm on it on Saturday. It's completely gone today, I can't even feel where they were. The wrinkles caused by the excessive dry skin are going away as well.

This was only a sample, but I will be buying more.

Alsoooo, the Lovely Jubblies cream. It works. It's not a miracle worker, but it definitely gives a noticeable effect.
We've got a Lovely Jubblies campaign going on at the moment. I can't wait to try it!

On the topic of Lush.

Ultrabland cleanser.
It's an oil based cleanser, but it really leaves the skin soft and clean. Removes make up wonderfully. Use with Eau Roma Water toner and your favourite moisturiser. Works really well with the Full of Grace serum bar if you have really dry skin :)

Cayte Catastrophe

Post by Cayte Catastrophe » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 am

Thread Resurrection!

Fresh Soy Cream

I'm totally gaga over this stuff! It's thick and I thought it would be heavy but it's so luscious and NOT greasy! I'm a bit of a Sephora addict (for those of us in the states) and I had received a sample and I just about rubbed the packet on my face after I had used it all. I splurged and got a tube and haven't looked back! It doesn't clog my pores and has dramatically helped to even my skin tone. Good stuff!

snully

Skincare Products Positive Reviews

Post by snully » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:59 pm

I'm also interested to hear any info on this failure. I'm using a Professional Products damper on my 390 and was considering using another on my next engine build.

Any info Barry?

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”