Manic panic too often??

AbbieLaZe

Manic panic too often??

Post by AbbieLaZe » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi All, Just a quick question, I have black hair now with a few blocks of manic panic vampire red chucked in there for good measure. I have been touching it up, the red i mean, as it fades quiet quickly. I was wandering, do you think touching it up every week is too much? I kn0w that Manic is vegetable dye but could it still have a harsh effect on my hair??

Basically is once a week too much??
Cheers for your help ladies.
Abbie
** Manda **

Otherwize known as AbbieLaze

MrsEss

Re: Manic panic too often??

Post by MrsEss » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Red fades quickly from my hair too....you should switch to blue :D but, no....it won't do anything. as long as you're not bleaching it every week.

also, this would have been better posting in "the styling & colour" section of the board ;)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Agreed with what that sexy lady above me said. if your just using the dye then its goood. however, if you ever try and bleach it out it'll be a BITCH. I talk from experience ;)

AbbieLaZe

Post by AbbieLaZe » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 am

Thanks so much for that ladies!! Apprecaite it and sorry for posting in the wrong area.
In that case, I am off to dye dye dye!! And yes, Blue could happen you know..... LOLZ
** Manda **

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:50 am

I had a mix of red and purple in my hair a few years ago and it stayed bright really well until I went Italy for the summer. The water there washed the color right out in just a couple of washes! Maybe try washing with different water? rain water?

Also I find it helps to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo/ or Dr. Bronners soap, don't use conditioner, and blow dry it with heat, right before I dye it. This seems to open up the follicle so it takes the dye better.

Some folks also flat iron the crap out of their hair right after the dye and rinse(before the first shampoo) and say that this makes the color last longer.

I've never had vegi dye's damage my hair at all, if anything they improve its condition.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:32 am

Try a directions red? They stick like a bitch on me. NOT poppy red though, its pink :P
Also, do you straighten your hair? I find that KILLS my colour.

<<Miss_Sami>>

Post by <<Miss_Sami>> » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:01 am

Mkatsi wrote:Try a directions red? They stick like a bitch on me. NOT poppy red though, its pink :P
Also, do you straighten your hair? I find that KILLS my colour.
Poppy red is red for me!
It's pillarbox that comes out pink on my hair :P
Sam-I-Am || Flickr || Tumblr

AbbieLaZe

Post by AbbieLaZe » Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 pm

I am wondering, is it possible to add a bit of Red to my conditioner to top up color?
At this point in time, I am doing a complete redye once a week, so If i can touch it up every few days with condiotner that would be very useful. Has anyone done this with red? Does it work?

Thanks again ladies.

Manda
** Manda **

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 pm

I put it in my shampoo. Doesn't seem to do much though to be honest!- let's face it you are washing it straight out! But I do it anyway!

Red is an expensive colour to keep- I personally dye it the brightest permanant red I can and top it up with Directions. Peronally I have always found manic panic to be a bit pants, though not as pants as stargazer!

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Tue May 31, 2011 12:17 pm

I tend to stay away from Manic Panic to be honest. The only times I have ever had stringy stretchy hair is when I used MP Electric Lava. I absolutely loved the colour and the multi-tonal-ness(It made my hair shine like a rainbow) but it wasn't worth it for the fact that my hair seemed in much worse condition(Including the time when I bleached twice in a row) and would only last two washes.
*Rule Obsessor*

AbbieLaZe

Post by AbbieLaZe » Tue May 31, 2011 10:46 pm

I just bought Directions in Dark Tuplie Red, am hoping its the same color as Manic Vampire red.
So, is directionsd as good for your hair as manic?
** Manda **

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:38 am

Vicsarina wrote:I tend to stay away from Manic Panic to be honest. The only times I have ever had stringy stretchy hair is when I used MP Electric Lava. I absolutely loved the colour and the multi-tonal-ness(It made my hair shine like a rainbow) but it wasn't worth it for the fact that my hair seemed in much worse condition(Including the time when I bleached twice in a row) and would only last two washes.
this.. manic panic always sucked for me. I've been doing my fringe with sfx nuclear red I believe and it sticks on me pretty well, but I'm also careful to not let shampoo sit on my fringe, protect it from the sun, etc. I could probably dye it once a month and get away with it, and it just fades to orangey red, not pink or that weird brown color :lol:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

UrbanHairDesigns

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm

You could put a clear coat over it to help with fading. Also washing in cool water helps a lot. Hot water fades reds so quick.
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Return to “Styling and Color”