No selling in show off section

Forum rules
If it is fake hair related it goes in here!
1) Nice clear pic of the hair- we are not particularly interested in cam whoring - you want to show yourself off - put it in the gallery for 'everything else'.
2) When commenting - please be more OT than "wow you are freakin' hot!" We all like to be told we are hot mamma's - but mention the hair too!
3) Please don't be horrified if people give you helpful criticism. If you give criticism, please do so respectfully.
4) If you would like to NOT hear criticism, please say so.
5) If you are specifically looking to refine your technique, please post it in the "Critique" section (under Advice & Know How) so we can help be extra picky. ;)
6) The Show Off section is only for showing off hair, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
LittlePinkFaery

No selling in show off section

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Please read the new clarifying rule:

6) The Show Off section is only for showing off hair, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.

This also means do not ask how much something is or if they do custom work etc...

This is purely for SHOW OFF and comments about the hair :)

The OP should post in A and P if thye are wanting to sell ( and in come cases wait till they have met the 30day and 50 posts rule)

Please do not encourage people to break the rules.

Thank you everyone- we want to keep the areas seperatre and not become blurred :)

Candy.Acid

Re: No selling in show off section

Post by Candy.Acid » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 pm

sorry lol :( xXx

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:46 pm

no problems! thank you for being understanding.

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:54 pm

That's alright! I've got 50 post now though, so does that mean i can go and sell / advertise in the A & P bit? x

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Apologies.. may also be guilty of that one. :i10:
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:10 pm

no probs ...just from now on... :)

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat May 02, 2009 11:16 am

Not that I want to ruffle any feathers, but what's up with all of the rules that are popping up on here?

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat May 02, 2009 11:27 am

i'm almost sure that the last two boards also had this rule, and the rule about not posting in A&P without meeting a post count. although the A&P rule would be easier enforced if those who don't meet the criteria couldn't access that part at all rather than deleting posts made
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat May 02, 2009 6:10 pm

I know that they did have the rule on the old board, but I've been noticing a lot of rules pop up or be changed within the last two weeks or so and was wondering if it had something to do with people spamming loads or what =P

I agree on just making that part of the board limited, though. I had someone's comments deleted and I have no idea if they were important or not! Made figuring out everything kind of difficult... :roll:

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat May 02, 2009 6:28 pm

we are trying to clarify things that sometimes we felt were obvious but apparently they were not! yes we did have that rule on the old board.

things that have been delted from members are usually comments or asking to buy- whech are not allowed- you may notice if someone entered into a trade/ buy/ wholesale order I have allowed them in but edited their posts to say why- no one will be allowed now as there has been an announcemnet that members are not to trade with non eligble members.

There are a lot of rules, we just really want things to be clear...but still people do not read rules and we have to delete things and pm people.

We wish there was a way of blocking the area completely to new/ non participating members but I cannot seea way of doing it with this board.

We do thiks to try to protect you all from flash sellers and poor payers and people who no one knows- if they build a rep they are ore likely to be genuine. Obviously anyone can be dodgy at any point but we try at least to protect you guys a bit!

hope that explains it a bit!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat May 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Candy.Acid wrote:That's alright! I've got 50 post now though, so does that mean i can go and sell / advertise in the A & P bit? x
you can now sa you have been with us 30 days and have over 50 posts :)

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat May 02, 2009 9:34 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:we are trying to clarify things that sometimes we felt were obvious but apparently they were not! yes we did have that rule on the old board.

things that have been delted from members are usually comments or asking to buy- whech are not allowed- you may notice if someone entered into a trade/ buy/ wholesale order I have allowed them in but edited their posts to say why- no one will be allowed now as there has been an announcemnet that members are not to trade with non eligble members.

There are a lot of rules, we just really want things to be clear...but still people do not read rules and we have to delete things and pm people.

We wish there was a way of blocking the area completely to new/ non participating members but I cannot seea way of doing it with this board.

We do thiks to try to protect you all from flash sellers and poor payers and people who no one knows- if they build a rep they are ore likely to be genuine. Obviously anyone can be dodgy at any point but we try at least to protect you guys a bit!

hope that explains it a bit!
Ahh, gotcha :) I'm pretty sure that phpbb has a part on the admin dashboard for restricting access. I was going to look at the board I used to admin on, but it's doing some odd stuff.

I found this if it's of any help. I'm pretty sure there's one where you can restrict posting in certain places depending on post count, but I couldn't find that.

Still, that's a hack which might be difficult to put on there. What I was thinking of had something to do with usergroups I believe. Bah, I wish I could remember.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun May 03, 2009 8:18 am

I am going to send that to doc as I would make life much easier for all of us, I have s3earched and searched and can find no way to do it so far!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:37 am

littlepinkfaery wrote:I am going to send that to doc as I would make life much easier for all of us, I have s3earched and searched and can find no way to do it so far!
I know this is an old post, but a friend was using a phpbb based board (I think it was made by Simple Machines?) and had a section that only became available to those who had 100 posts. It IS possible, just saying :P

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am

I know it is..pming you

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:35 am

Can we post pics from the critiques? into the show off as well or is that just over doing the posting?
I'm not sure if some people just look at certain threads and not other and if some people dont look in the critique section and if i post in the show off section I could get more feedback? If not its totally cool. I;ve gotten great feedback as it is already.

Hope that makes sense?
thanks a bunch
*Pixychick*

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:47 pm

Please just pick the section you think is most appropriate. Most people use critique if they are just starting out or are unhappy about an aspect of their work. If you think it looks good enough to show off go ahead and show off, and by all means ask for critique of your work in that section within your post, that is fine.

I think posting in both sections is overkill really, I know someone did the other day and I nearly removed one, but as both posts were framed quite differently in terms of the text I left them both, but in general many people look at all the new posts, so will see your post wherever you put it, and the section everyone looks in is show off!
telling it like it is!

pixychick

Post by pixychick » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:Please just pick the section you think is most appropriate. Most people use critique if they are just starting out or are unhappy about an aspect of their work. If you think it looks good enough to show off go ahead and show off, and by all means ask for critique of your work in that section within your post, that is fine.

I think posting in both sections is overkill really, I know someone did the other day and I nearly removed one, but as both posts were framed quite differently in terms of the text I left them both, but in general many people look at all the new posts, so will see your post wherever you put it, and the section everyone looks in is show off!
thanks i was just going to leave it where it is.
thanks for the response

Return to “Hair Extension Show Offs”