Derby hair care?!?!

greentara

Derby hair care?!?!

Post by greentara » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Hiya all,

Been browsing around and LOVE the hairs pics, just AMAZING :)

I wanted to know if there are any salons around the Derby area for dreads/extensions, the posts I've found to do with Derby are quite old and so I thought I'd say hello and get some advice. Never had extensions before but my hair has been many many colours and is currently sad blond after keeping away from the dyes for a while but I'm feeling boring boring boring so a change is called for :P

Hopefully some one can point me in the right direction and I can put up some of me own pics! :i6:

Squidgy

Re: Derby hair care?!?!

Post by Squidgy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:55 am

Hi there Greentara, welcome to the board.

May I suggest you create a post within the following category -
viewforum.php?f=33
That way people can respond to any questions you may have regarding installs in the Derby area.
I hope you will find all that you could ever imagine (and more on the board)

All the best, Squidgy :D
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

SyNNy+SuKKupyre

Post by SyNNy+SuKKupyre » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:04 am

Welcome to HEF :D
Psylita Sukkubus
Keeping things uniquely odd since '91

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:24 am

to my own knowledge there are no salons that do dreads but there are plenty that do human hair/ synth hair extensions- but you will pay a lot!

The black hair stall in the eagle centre market will do briads (in the back of their stall) and there is a black hair dressing salon near cuzon street, it used to be called 'John's' but it has recently changed its name- right next to a open car park... can't remember the name!

There is also a black hair shop in Normanton called Mr Tom's- they don't offer braiding but might know people who do.

You are better getting a friend involved and getting them to lean how to install dreads, look in our tutorial section. It is not that hard to do an 'okay' job!

I used to offer install but I do not have time to breathe anymore let alone install hair!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:18 am

I'd recommend getting an install buddy - it's a great way for you both to learn, Offer to practise on someone and let them practise on you and you both get dreads installed for nothing :D

As LPF said, it's not that hard and my first attempt was ok :)
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

greentara

Post by greentara » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Thanks everyone :)

Might have to ask my mother in law for assistance as she seems to be able to cut hair pretty well and could be good. And theres a hairdresser who lives on our street who I could ask.... but like you say I might have to pay the going rate.

I'll check out the tutorials and let you know how I get on.........

Return to “New to Hair Extensions Forum-archive”