Possible Brighton Meet this summer?

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
ClaireCalavera

Re: Possible Brighton Meet this summer?

Post by ClaireCalavera » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I live right by the station so I would be up for being an ambassador and meeting people as they arrive lol

I tried to organise one in October but nearly everyone dropped out for various reasons and then I ended up being really ill anyway so was a bit of a disaster!!! Very happy for helping out though - Brighton is a land of rainbows and I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun .. plus, awesome shops, beach, good food and pubs! :)
"Make any joke you want, you know I look good" - Stewie Griffin

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:47 am

ClaireCalavera wrote:I live right by the station so I would be up for being an ambassador and meeting people as they arrive lol

I tried to organise one in October but nearly everyone dropped out for various reasons and then I ended up being really ill anyway so was a bit of a disaster!!! Very happy for helping out though - Brighton is a land of rainbows and I'm sure we'd have a lot of fun .. plus, awesome shops, beach, good food and pubs! :)
Brilliant! :D
I was getting a bit worried, as I haven't been to Brighton since I was a kid and I can't really arrange to meet anyone anywhere, as we'll be too busy trying to figure out where to park and where we're staying, etc.. so I'm glad you can help out with meeting people at the station :) Thankee!

October probably wasn't the best time for a seaside meet! Hopefully this summer will be better than last!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Yeah it's no problem, I live 5 mins from the station so I can cover the people coming on the trains :) Parking in Brighton is always a little bit of an adventure to say the least :?

Alas yes the October meet was more of a shopping/foodie meet rather than a beach one but I hadn't figured the lurgy starts doing its rounds about then. I really hope this summer is better than the last!! It was hot but it was so cloudy :(

lil_miss

Post by lil_miss » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 pm

I might be up for this, i've never been to one of these meets before and i don't really know anybody soo.. lol but i like in East Grinsted so about half hour maybe on the train which isn't too bad :D

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am

ClaireCalavera wrote:Yeah it's no problem, I live 5 mins from the station so I can cover the people coming on the trains :) Parking in Brighton is always a little bit of an adventure to say the least :?

Alas yes the October meet was more of a shopping/foodie meet rather than a beach one but I hadn't figured the lurgy starts doing its rounds about then. I really hope this summer is better than the last!! It was hot but it was so cloudy :(

Hot but cloudy sounds perfect for me - I hate direct sunlight.. I'll be walking around with a parasol if it's really bright!
Anyway, the only thing that would ruin it would be rain, and last summer was just constant rain storms :/ well.. it was up here anyway. Wales was a total wash-out :roll:
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 pm

as long as it doesn't clash with Wacken festival I shall be there!! i just need about an month or two's notice so i can book the time off work!!
I live right next to gatwick airport so is like a 25 minute drive down

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 pm

Ooh, I know - if everyone posts the weekends they definitely can't make it, then we can narrow down the days we have to choose from.
I don't know when Wacken or anything is, so if y'all can post dates that are a no-go then we can avoid those weekends :)

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok, here's what I know of my summer plans so far (I'm taking summer as any time between June and September here) .. I definitely cannot do the following weekends:

13th/14th June
27th/28th June
4th/5th July
1st/2nd August
29th/30th August

Hope that helps! :)

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 pm

im going to be away at wacken festival over the week of 30/07 to 07/07. any other weekends i think i can work around...

displacedmind

Post by displacedmind » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:54 am

if i have the moneys i'll be up for this, i love brighton :D

sammu

Post by sammu » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:32 pm

displacedmind wrote:if i have the moneys i'll be up for this, i love brighton :D
I think I'll join you, if you don't mind a travel buddy... :oops: :lol:

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:07 am

I really want to go to this but I'm really not keen on national rail... I am tempted to drive, as I know someone whose place I can park at...

London ladies, would anyone be interested in coming along and chipping on petrol (would be between a fiver and a tenner each for a tank of petrol which is far cheaper than the train!)

sammu

Post by sammu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:14 am

paran0ir wrote:I really want to go to this but I'm really not keen on national rail... I am tempted to drive, as I know someone whose place I can park at...

London ladies, would anyone be interested in coming along and chipping on petrol (would be between a fiver and a tenner each for a tank of petrol which is far cheaper than the train!)
That would be awesome. Whereabouts would be the pick up and drop off points be, though? The only way I've ever navigated around London is by Underground (lives in Uxbridge, top left corner of tubemap)...

paran0ir

Post by paran0ir » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:58 am

CirqueMachine wrote:
paran0ir wrote:I really want to go to this but I'm really not keen on national rail... I am tempted to drive, as I know someone whose place I can park at...

That would be awesome. Whereabouts would be the pick up and drop off points be, though? The only way I've ever navigated around London is by Underground (lives in Uxbridge, top left corner of tubemap)...
Well I live in North Greenwich, so perhaps you could stay over the night before? Either that or we could pick a suitable pick up point :)

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm

After the last meet I'm really excited about this one!! Any more thoughts on which weekend we should do it? The 2nd weekend of July might be a good bet - I don't think there are any festivals going on then? :)

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:50 pm

ClaireCalavera wrote:After the last meet I'm really excited about this one!! Any more thoughts on which weekend we should do it? The 2nd weekend of July might be a good bet - I don't think there are any festivals going on then? :)
Sounds good to me - the weather ought to be good then too (although you never can tell..)
Anyone have any objections to the second weekend in July? (That's 11th/12th July)

ClaireCalavera

Post by ClaireCalavera » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Rhaeniel wrote:
Sounds good to me - the weather ought to be good then too (although you never can tell..)
Anyone have any objections to the second weekend in July? (That's 11th/12th July)
Let's hope so!! Anything but rain is fine with me lol!

NozomiStar

Post by NozomiStar » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:07 pm

ooo just let me know a date and i will crawl out of bed and roll onto a bus. :lol: thou if i have the job im waiting to hear back off. i might need some notice as i will be working weekends.

also we wont need to hop on and off tubes and trains all day as everything in Brighton is walking distance.
Nomzomi queen of the Noms

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:16 pm

NozomiStar wrote:ooo just let me know a date and i will crawl out of bed and roll onto a bus. :lol: thou if i have the job im waiting to hear back off. i might need some notice as i will be working weekends.

also we wont need to hop on and off tubes and trains all day as everything in Brighton is walking distance.
Oh, good! That means we'll be able to leave the car wherever we're staying and wander around with the buggy laden with stuff :D

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:12 pm

yep second weekend in july sounds good to me!! loads of time to make sure i get the day off too! yey.

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm

I'll talk to Mr Paul, so how he feels about it. :) Also it'd be a week after my 21st :lol:

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Depending on when this goes ahead, I may come along. It's not too much of a tragic drive from Essex, and I do like Brighton. Perhaps I could even persuade Jon to come too and get a B&B for the night, we went for a weekend in Brighton a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.

plum poison

Post by plum poison » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:00 pm

cyberwench wrote:Depending on when this goes ahead, I may come along. It's not too much of a tragic drive from Essex, and I do like Brighton. Perhaps I could even persuade Jon to come too and get a B&B for the night, we went for a weekend in Brighton a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.
If you end up having to come down by yourself you can always crash at mine then go back the next day or something as i live really near brighton

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 pm

again....too far away for me :(
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

deadteddys

Post by deadteddys » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Second weekend of July sounds awesome! Im so gutted I missed the last one, I am deffinately not missing this one!

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”