Alton Towers Hair Meet?

Please use this area to promote and events taking place of interest, gigs or meet ups!
dragongirl

Alton Towers Hair Meet?

Post by dragongirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:13 pm

There was talk of a hair meet at a theame park last year, but it never happened. So I thought I'd see if anyone was intersted in doing it this year? I took a vote last year and most people wanted to go to Alton Towers out of all the theame parks. The issue is always going to be cost so if we book in advance for a group of 10+ it costs £19 each instead of £38 and children are £14.50 instead of £29. To save on travel for those who are not nearby I was thinking of organising some kind of lift share (for example I'd be driving up from London so would have 3 spaces in the car.) My shop is closed on a Sunday, so it would have to be a Sunday that we organised it for. If people want to bring their kids as well that's cool. I'm thinking either the 5th June, 3rd of July or the 17th July. What do people think?

Lorny

Re: Alton Towers Hair Meet?

Post by Lorny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Ah man, I have a whole month off in August, and work is always the reason I can't come to meets!

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Ah that sounds like a great idea ^^ I'm up for it
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I would be up for it depending on dates, I would also recommend later in the year than June/July because even during the week Alton Towers is always HEAVING in the Summer.

Dystopatica

Post by Dystopatica » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I know you're organising this for a Sunday due to your work commitments but I think that's going to prevent a lot of people from attending, especially those who rely on public transport to get there. A lot of Trains/Buses run a very limited service on a Sunday and I'd imagine that would make getting there and back in the same day from anywhere more than a few miles away impossible.
Monochrome Militia
Dystopatica.com

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Dystopatica wrote:I know you're organising this for a Sunday due to your work commitments but I think that's going to prevent a lot of people from attending, especially those who rely on public transport to get there. A lot of Trains/Buses run a very limited service on a Sunday and I'd imagine that would make getting there and back in the same day from anywhere more than a few miles away impossible.
I like to go but I'm on the isle of wight, not sure where alton towers is but if its further than london a sunday would make it pretty impossible.
July and june would be mega busy.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Alton Towers is way, way further north than London! I live a half hour bus ride away and would find it difficult to get there on a Sunday. Sundays tend to be busy as well because everyone thinks "oh well it'll be PACKED on a Saturday so we'll go on Sunday!"

Not to put anyone off, or anything. But yeah, weekends are usually a bad time at any theme park

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Just had a look where it is and it's miles away from me!
don't think I could get up there and back in a day whilst still having time to do anything there tbh :(

dragongirl

Post by dragongirl » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Maybe Alton Towers is pushing it a bit then. How about Thorpe Park? Is it easier for people to get there?

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Thorpe park is easy for me (well not easy but doable as opposed to alton towers lol)
Now I realise why on the college trip we went to thorpe park :)

kyandii

Post by kyandii » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

If I've passed my driving test by then I'd be up for it. :)

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 pm

Thorpe Park is near impossible for anyone north of London to get to by public transport.

Both Alton Towers and Drayton Manor are about as central as each other, Drayton Manor possibly slightly more so but isn't as good as Alton Towers.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:24 am

Bomber wrote:Thorpe Park is near impossible for anyone north of London to get to by public transport.

Both Alton Towers and Drayton Manor are about as central as each other, Drayton Manor possibly slightly more so but isn't as good as Alton Towers.
Hmm same goes for people south of london when getting to alton towers :( is there a theme park IN london we can go to? Lol or the zoo, they have rides don't they (I've never been this its just what I have imagined?)

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:18 pm

They might have a little train that drives you around the zoo, but no rides! Just lots of animals.

Jennilox

Post by Jennilox » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:26 pm

i found thorpe park easy to get to by public transport

---train to waterloo (london)

then theres a train directly to thorpe park (you get the shuttle buss from the station for £1 , takes 10 mins) think its stains station ?

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Yeah, most people like avoiding London though. Trains that go through London always cost about £10-£15 more than trains that avoid it.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Bomber wrote:Yeah, most people like avoiding London though. Trains that go through London always cost about £10-£15 more than trains that avoid it.
Where I live any train going north goes through london, Just checked fares and for trains that get me close not actually to the cheapest fare I'm looking at is £60 return for the train £15 return for thge ferry then however much to get the 6.5 miles from the station to alton towers, and the ticket on top, I don't think I'm gonna be able to do that lol
I would go megabus but its just so much faffing and I'm not gonna carry a car seat with me lol

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm

not so, Portsmouth - Guildford, then you can do Guildford - Birmingham direct.

My ex used to live in Hampshire and while it was a lot quicker to go through London, a lot cheaper avoiding it.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Bomber wrote:not so, Portsmouth - Guildford, then you can do Guildford - Birmingham direct.

My ex used to live in Hampshire and while it was a lot quicker to go through London, a lot cheaper avoiding it.
Might have a look at that then :)
though I imagine it will still be around the 60 mark, and then maybe an added cost to get from Birmingham?
I got to stoke on trent for £14 once on megabus but there was about 8 hours travelling :S

Return to “Events/ gigs/ Meet ups”