Secret Sweetie Swap! DEADLINE FOR SENDING 1ST FEB

Forum rules
You must have 50 posts and have been with us for 30 days or more to post in this section.
This is a community and we require you to be an active member to trade with other members.
Any posts or replies will be deleted if you do not meet these criteria.
Monique_marion_may

Re: Secret Sweetie Swap! DEADLINE FOR SENDING 1ST FEB

Post by Monique_marion_may » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Synful-Synthetics wrote:Yeah we don't have flat rate boxes here either. But luckily for SOME reason it's usually a BIT cheaper to send stuff from Canada, so here's hoping.
Heya, have you mamnaged to send yet? :)

Synful-Synthetics

Post by Synful-Synthetics » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I am just waiting for my roommate to wake up so he can take me to the post office

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm

Maria, yours is super packed turned out the priority flat rate mall box was 30 some dollars so i had to go to the post office and swap boxes but instead i just shoved the box into a big bubble envelope :lol: still $20 bucks but alot better than 30 some.

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:55 pm

xalternmommyx wrote:Maria, yours is super packed turned out the priority flat rate mall box was 30 some dollars so i had to go to the post office and swap boxes but instead i just shoved the box into a big bubble envelope :lol: still $20 bucks but alot better than 30 some.
Damn sweetie swap, all the best sweets are heavy! :p and the ones that aren't are fragile so need to be heavily padded :)
I hope you get yours soon :D
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleFusion
Bubble Fusion has an etsy!

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 pm

convenientlust wrote:
Monique_marion_may wrote:
convenientlust wrote:I haven't heard from my swap parter in a while.. I'm not sure if she shipped yet. I can't seem to get in touch with her :?
I've emailed her too and she hasn't read it yet. I wouldn't worry for now, i've dealt with her in the past and she's been really good so i'm sure she'll send :)
Okay, I wasn't too worried.. this is my first swap so I guess I'm just a bit over-eager :P

Hey, I'm alive! Sorry guys. Replied to you both.

I see that quite a few people had massive postage charges which helps make mine less painful. Still cost £19/$31 to send though! Bummer! I hope it's all worth it.
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks for letting me know hun :D As i said before, I wasn't worried about you! :) And yeah! Postage has been a killer! not reaaaaaly sure why though :S ah well, atleast we've all spent similar on the postage!

Synful-Synthetics

Post by Synful-Synthetics » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:14 pm

I am having the WORST luck this month.
Somebody stole my wallet, smokes, AND keys right out of my bag last night when I was out :i6:

That should teach me to hold onto my stuff a little better.

The place I was at is doing their best to track it all down as the people who put on the little event are good friends of mine. UNFORTUNATELY if they don't find it I wont be able to post until early next week when I get paid since all my money was in cash and in my wallet.

I am SO SO SO sorry for not having my sh*t together. I have everything sitting all pretty waiting to be sent

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 am

I got my parcel yesterday!! It's a beaauty! I was going to take a photo of all the yummyness but I'm afraid some of it didn't survive more than 5 seconds! :lol: The twinkies disappeared between myself, my OH and the two sproglets. YUMMY! I then threw a few bits in my bag to eat on the train on the way to see Nachtmahr last night. The door staff at the venue said I wasn't allowed to take sweets inside and they were going to take it until I said "NOOOOO! My friend just shipped them from America!" and the guy said if I put my bag in the cloakroom he would let me keep them :mrgreen: phew! Thank you so much to Convenientlust for being a fantastic swap partner. I can't wait for you to get yours now. SQUEE!!!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Kandiihaar

Post by Kandiihaar » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:33 pm

My parcel is on its way to my partner, although i only just read the rules.. Had in my head £10ish of goodies, plus however much postage was... spent over a tenner and the p&p came to around £15, LOL. Ah well, I hope my partner likes what I've sent!!! I'm mega excited as I sent my partner some paypal spends to pop in an extra bag of valentines candy corn, I'm thinking they might make pretty awesome cupcake toppers ;) Anyway, my parcel should be with my partner by the end of the week, hopin mines here by then to :) xx

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Synful-Synthetics wrote:I am having the WORST luck this month.
Somebody stole my wallet, smokes, AND keys right out of my bag last night when I was out :i6:

That should teach me to hold onto my stuff a little better.

The place I was at is doing their best to track it all down as the people who put on the little event are good friends of mine. UNFORTUNATELY if they don't find it I wont be able to post until early next week when I get paid since all my money was in cash and in my wallet.

I am SO SO SO sorry for not having my sh*t together. I have everything sitting all pretty waiting to be sent

Thats fine hun i hope you get things sorted soon!! please let me know when you have sent :)

Thanks for letting us know Kandiihaar :D That sounds awesome!

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:37 am

°«Belle»° wrote:I got my parcel yesterday!! It's a beaauty! I was going to take a photo of all the yummyness but I'm afraid some of it didn't survive more than 5 seconds! :lol: The twinkies disappeared between myself, my OH and the two sproglets. YUMMY! I then threw a few bits in my bag to eat on the train on the way to see Nachtmahr last night. The door staff at the venue said I wasn't allowed to take sweets inside and they were going to take it until I said "NOOOOO! My friend just shipped them from America!" and the guy said if I put my bag in the cloakroom he would let me keep them :mrgreen: phew! Thank you so much to Convenientlust for being a fantastic swap partner. I can't wait for you to get yours now. SQUEE!!!
Sooo happy to hear that you loved the sweets! I'm glad the Twinkie was a hit. I've never had one, but once you mentioned it, I had to throw one in :D I'm super duper excited for your package to come!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:28 pm

i never even thought of twinkies! i had a moon pie but it didnt fit... i tried and squished it too much and was like ek cant send that! lol

p.s.
i wanna see pics of what everyone got! :lol:

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:02 pm

xalternmommyx wrote:i never even thought of twinkies! i had a moon pie but it didnt fit... i tried and squished it too much and was like ek cant send that! lol

p.s.
Phew I'm glad of that, I had a bite of one once and thought it was disgusting!
I'm so glad you didn't think to put any in ^.^
Yeah pics is a great idea! I hope yours arrives soon, it worries me knowing its floating around out there in the postal system!

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:21 pm

corpseesproc wrote:
xalternmommyx wrote:i never even thought of twinkies! i had a moon pie but it didnt fit... i tried and squished it too much and was like ek cant send that! lol

p.s.
Phew I'm glad of that, I had a bite of one once and thought it was disgusting!
I'm so glad you didn't think to put any in ^.^
Yeah pics is a great idea! I hope yours arrives soon, it worries me knowing its floating around out there in the postal system!
Heh, yeah... the consistency kinda turns me off. I put a few gourmet baked cookies and the twinkie in a box inside of the package so nothing would get crushed. A smushed twinkie or moon pie would be such a disappointment to get :P
Last edited by convenientlust on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Just brandalynn and Synful-Synthetics to post now. Can you two please post your parcels and inform me by Friday this week. This is 10 days after the deadline to send.

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:25 pm

I would take pics but most is eaten *pie* lol
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Vex88 wrote:I would take pics but most is eaten *pie* lol
Same :lol:
I think I have 1 pack left :oops:

Edit: I'm glad you liked all of it!

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 pm

Its all so yummy :D
Thankfully I could never eat the rice crispy bars in one go as they are very sweet ,means they'll last a wee bit longer! lol
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:25 am

After fighting snow storms and overtime at work, mine is posted :)
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Synful-Synthetics

Post by Synful-Synthetics » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:30 am

I am going to see if my Mom will lend me some money tomorrow so I can send mine. Since my stuff was never returned to me :(

Kandiihaar

Post by Kandiihaar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Mine came yesterday :D Mega mega happy! Had a shite day yesterday so ended up having a bit of a reeces peanut butter snack related OD! lol. xx

Synful-Synthetics

Post by Synful-Synthetics » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:29 am

Mine came today! So much stuff I have never even heard of. Made me realize North American candy is so boring and it would seem expensive as I wasn't able to get as much on the budget. I almost feel bad sending what I was able to find. I am sending mine tomorrow for sure and I am so sorry for the delay thank you for being patient with me!!!!

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:31 am

Oooh im so glad it got there in one piece :D had fun explaining to the post office what was in the package :lol:

Have you tried any yet hun? its all my faves!!! woopwoop im excited for you to taste them!
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Synful-Synthetics

Post by Synful-Synthetics » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:30 pm

patricia*star wrote:Oooh im so glad it got there in one piece :D had fun explaining to the post office what was in the package :lol:

Have you tried any yet hun? its all my faves!!! woopwoop im excited for you to taste them!
My boyfriend and I had a blast with the packets of magic dust.
we have whats called pop rocks here, they are the same thing but they dont come with a little sucker so that was really cool..

I've tried a couple things so far, so neat!!!!

corpseesproc

Post by corpseesproc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 am

I received mine yesterday and it's awesome!
I'll have to post a pic, I feel bad though as there are so many more varieties in my box (
I've never done a swap before sorry Brittany
It's so odd some of the things that are the same but different, still hiding it all from my bf! :)

Return to “Swap Shop”