No name in quotes

Squidgy

No name in quotes

Post by Squidgy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi,

For some reason, when I quote someone else and add it to my post, the quote appears correctly but the name of the user I am quoting does not appear... Is this due to the setting I have?

Thanks, H. x
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

MissAnthropik

Re: No name in quotes

Post by MissAnthropik » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 pm

are you pressing the quote button on their reply or using the quote tag button on your reply screen?

Do the tags look correct? To get the name of the person it should have [ quote="name of user" ] without the spaces in the first tag. If you press the quote button on their reply it should do that automatically. If you are using the tags in your reply screen you will need to add that bit in manually

if you are doing all that and it still isn't working then I am all out of ideas
telling it like it is!

Squidgy

Re: No name in quotes

Post by Squidgy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:27 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:are you pressing the quote button on their reply or using the quote tag button on your reply screen?

Do the tags look correct? To get the name of the person it should have [ quote="name of user" ] without the spaces in the first tag. If you press the quote button on their reply it should do that automatically. If you are using the tags in your reply screen you will need to add that bit in manually

if you are doing all that and it still isn't working then I am all out of ideas
Hahahaha, i guess I was using the wrong quote option.. until now I had never noticed the quote button on someone else's post... i had jsut been copying the post and hitting the quote button when posting for myself...

Boiiiiiiiiii do I feelk stupid right now!!! :oops:

Thanks for clearing that up!! :)
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

Return to “Technical Issues”