Deleted account - help me please

madebs666

Deleted account - help me please

Post by madebs666 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 am

Heres the story, this is after ascertaining what the problem was by emails back and forth between me and Doc.

About a week ago, I changed my email address on this board (from my old work one to my personal one as I had gotten a new job). It took me a few days to re-activate my account.

In the meantime however, a mod deleted my account. I think this probably happened by accident, after someone going through and deleteing what they thought was bot/spammer accounts.

My orignal account was 3(ish) months old, I had a post count of around 37, and I had been apart of two swaps/buys. I'm pretty sure some of the mods had commented on my posts, but must have not remebered my username.

I have created a new account with the same username, and while I have lost all my PM's and ability to edit/ link to my old posts, I'm ok with that. (we all make mistakes

My question is, I need to get my post count back for people to take me seriously, it took me three months of posting normally (i.e I wasn't posting inane comments jsut to boost the count) to get there.

Seeing as a mod deleted my account in error, could I maybe keep posting to this thread, with your consent, to at least make my post count back up to 30? thats all I need really.

If you want verification that I am who I say I am, please contact Miss Liberty, who I'm in the middle of a swap with, she has beeen trying to help me out with this problem too, and I have been in contact with her for months through this board.

Thanks you very much for your help.

Dawn

IKickShins

Re: Deleted account - help me please

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:53 am

I don't see a problem with it, but wait until some more mods have a chance to see this before you do anything. Some of your old posts are even still showing on the board (although the search function is being weird about your name, probably because of the duplicate accounts).
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Deleted account - help me please

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:18 pm

I have not deleted any accounts in error. Only 0 post members are delted and unactivated accounts. Your account showed as INACTIVE, which was why it was deleted.

Why changing a emial address would re set your post count seems incredibly odd.

The only reason you were delted was becasue you showed as being a 0 post member, which under the new rules, people will be delted within 2 weeks of being a 0 post member.

If there was a glitch it was a glitch not Mod error. If there was a glitch, it is totally different to someone delting you without looking at your post count or the posts you made. I do not delted anyone who has made a post, so long as they are not spam.

Please try to boost your account by adding comments to other threads- it doesn't take long to do - there is lots to comment on- a few 'nice hair' and 'this is what I do...' type threads will see it back to where you say it was in no time at all- and more intersting than saying 'bump' ! I feel a lot of our members would be upset who have had to make their post count 'properly' despite being 'old' members and people who have been around since 'old hairboard' days.

I am truly sorry if there was a glitch of some kind, but I assure you there was no oversight or random error from me. thank for sticking with us and it is nice to see you are back with us and I hope you feel happy enough to become an active member again.

Return to “Technical Issues”