Using the Search Option

VixenSingsBlack

Using the Search Option

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:05 am

So I've been trying to find reviews of roving sellers by using the search tool. However, whenever I type in "roving" to the search box and select the Hair Seller Reviews section, I get this "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: roving. You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

I don't understand why "roving" has been blocked. How can I search for what I need if the key word is blocked? I am looking for reviews of sellers who specifically make DE Roving so I can choose intelligently for my next roving purchase. How do I do this?

MissAnthropik

Re: Using the Search Option

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:40 pm

roving hasn't been blocked, the search is saying it is too commonly found to list all the responses. I am surprised by this though as I wouldn't have thought there could be that many. I will see whether one of the admins can change the limit to the number of entries it will return, so that it has no upper limit. If we can't do that then maybe we need to see whether we can tag entries, or put certain keywords in the title or something.

For now, I think you will have to just open the threads and see whether they sell roving, there aren't that many threads just yet, so not as much of a task as it could be, and I am sure there are some people you will know do not sell roving and won't need to open those threads/ Not ideal I agree, but could be worse, and we will see if we can resolve the issue
telling it like it is!

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

yea..you know i did a search in the advertising section for "professional only wig" and it wouldn't search...said the same thing about being too common a search term and to narrow it down. hmm..it sounds like a configuration or programming problem with the search feature.

it's really hard to expect newbies to search before posting new questions if the search feature is so ineffective

it would be nice to get an admin type response to this if possible. i don't believe this is a phpbb type board format, but if i knew what format it was i might even be able to do a bit of research to help with suggestions on refining the search feature. could be as simple as changing some default settings
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:20 pm

iamdolleyes wrote:it would be nice to get an admin type response to this if possible. i don't believe this is a phpbb type board format, but if i knew what format it was i might even be able to do a bit of research to help with suggestions on refining the search feature. could be as simple as changing some default settings
It's phpbb. The subsilver2 layout has the phpbb logo at the top :)
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:42 am

Thank you everyone for taking notice of my concern. Very much appreciated :)

Return to “Technical Issues”