Swap Stars?

CherryLex

Swap Stars?

Post by CherryLex » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Not sure where I should put this but does anyone know if we'll be able to retireve our swap stars from the old board?
I worked hard to earn the 6 or 7 stars I had and had been thinking about starting a hair swap soon for those of us that qualified.
Halp!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Re: Swap Stars?

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:52 pm

CherryLex wrote:Not sure where I should put this but does anyone know if we'll be able to retireve our swap stars from the old board?
I worked hard to earn the 6 or 7 stars I had and had been thinking about starting a hair swap soon for those of us that qualified.
Halp!
wow yea.. i was thinking about when the next swap would be but i completely forgot about the stars. the mods said there's back ups so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem! if there is a swap it would need to be organised soon so it doesn't clash with christmas too much
"I have had many troubles, most of which never happened." - Mark Twain
"Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."

In the ranks of the Indecisive Army..

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:06 pm

I know, that's why I was thinking about it. I'd really kind of like to do one.... maybe if there's some interest soon and we can get it organized by the end of September.
I'd just like to get the stars sorted out because I really liked the star system.
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:16 pm

I didn't get my stars from when I did the mixtape/compilation cd swap aaages ago :S Do we only need stars to do the hair swaps?
"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Becca wrote:I didn't get my stars from when I did the mixtape/compilation cd swap aaages ago :S Do we only need stars to do the hair swaps?
I think initially the system was put in place so we could limit the participation in hair swaps and ensure well established members didn't get paired with a dud and lose out.
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm

:( Darn, I really want to be a part of the hair swap.
I was a part of the Valentine's Day Swap, the Asian Candy Swap, the Super Small Swap, and now the Kawaii Swap, Sock Swap, and Handmade Swap.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:44 am

unless we get access to the old board nothing can be retrieved.

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:09 am

In the case that the info can't be retrieved, what do you reckon we should do?

We could either have people report how many stars they have, or we could start fresh.
I could see how things could go wrong with the first choice. People could say that they had a certain amount of stars, when they really didn't. Or, someone could say that they had, say, 3 stars, but one of their previous swap partners haven't switched over yet, so they can't back that statement up.
With starting fresh, it eliminates the chance of dishonesty. It also might upset people who have earned their 5 stars.

Maybe, if we choose to start fresh, we could still have a hair swap in place? For the people who want to sign up, they should be a well-known member, and have a history of successful transactions in the past. Also, maybe we could vote on whether a person is allowed into a swap or not? I know that in the Christmas Swap of the last board, members voted on whether or not Jaded Dreads could participate, because he only had 4 stars, but at the time I guess his reputation wasn't as bad, so they let him in.

What do you guys think?

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 am

we should star fresh as there is no proof how many people had-

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 am

I agree. Anyone could get a friend to vouch for what they say. But what about the hair swaps? Should we wait the several months to a year that it takes to make 5 stars, or should we vote on the people who want to participate?

Also- for the swaps that were active before the old board shut down, are we going to be awarded stars for them, if we carry out the swap? I know that some people just won't show up from the old board, and that isn't fair to their partners.

This is all so inconvenient lol

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:58 am

what about those of us who had the stars, participated in the last hair swap but don't have time to take part in swaps to build up the stars again? i've just moved house and although i can easily order hair and sit and make some dreads, i don't have the time to run out and get all the things for all the smaller swaps, nor can i afford to spend the money required in some of the smaller swaps :(

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 am

I agree, it's easier to do hair D: All you have to do is order it, you don't even need to leave the house.
I've had to go to 5 different stores for these swaps.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:21 pm

thats why we have a feedbakc thread- get those who swapped with you to leave your some feedback in there.

Of course things are lost and things are different- but the choice was a new board was build with the possibility of transferring but not a certain OR nothing.

We preferred to do this.

If things can be transfered over, we will. There is no good speculating and moaning it isn't fair. There would be nothing if this board had not been created.

If we can, we will.

For now, get feedback put in the feedback. review thread, it doesn't have to just be for hair in there!

xxx

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Funny but I actually remember a few of the people that had more than 5 because I used to read through that thread every once in a while (don't ask, lol, bored at work I guess!) I know Malice Doll, Ice_Pick_Abortions, My_Purple_Skys, Morgana, Delic1999, and Vainvixen were some who had a lot of stars. I had 7 ^^... I know there were others and their names are on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember right now. I wish I could remember all the other people who participated in the last hair swap, I know I had sent to Jaded Dreads, even though they only had 4 stars we ended up voting them in. I can't remember if they sent their in time though, and I would not reccomend allowing them to participate if they requested at this point.
I really wanted to do a hair swap this year as I've always enjoyed them.
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:34 pm

the person i swapped with in the last hair swap has since disappeared :( well i guess you could try organising a hair swap without the stars this time and only have long standing members, although may be hard with the new board and the fact some people haven't signed up with their original names even though they were asked. could follow the feedback and suggestion and get people to make feedback threads and anyone with over 5 positive feedbacks can take part. i dunno.. it's unlikely that you could build up five stars by the end of september anyways if you want to have a swap before christmas.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:02 pm

It would be just like the original swap on HH- people had to trust others to get it started.

So long as you make sure you get details for all involved, emails, phone number maybe and address for posting.

It is up to you gals if you want to start swaps up again- there is always an element of trust EVEN WITH those you have known for years- Jaded dreads anyone? Point made.

If you want to do it- go with it :)

Now i am going to lock this thread as there is no more can be said- if you want to chat about swaps- open a thread in the swap thread :)

xx

Return to “Technical Issues”