Fake [a]narchy wig sold by French ebay user

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
anarchyinthejp

Fake [a]narchy wig sold by French ebay user

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 pm

I must say, I'm extremely disappointed in whoever did this. I saw a wig that was supposedly made by us in the show-offs section, and had to break the news to the person who paid 150 Euros for an absolutely atrocious, reputation-soiling wig. :( They told me they found it on ebay, where it was being advertised as a wig made by [a]narchy, had our 'rough pricing guide' for a wig of that size, and also used SiSeN's photos to sell the wig.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0427911201

I contacted the seller and reported them to ebay for copyright infringement and false advertising, but the seller is now claiming that they didn't make the wig, and that they actually bought it from 'someone else' [no further information] whose blog and means of contact have all mysteriously disappeared. *rolls eyes* I think everyone can imagine how awful it would be to think of selling a wig that had already been worn by both you and someone else, plus she already admitted she used to make creations herself, and it's always convenient to blame 'someone else' because you are too embarrassed to admit that it was you. :(

While I guess it could be looked at as a really, really distant form of flattery, I distinctly remember someone from France e-mailing us and asking how to make bubblewrap extensions...but if this person is genuinely a fan of our work, I think they'd have either the common sense to see that it's obviously a fake, or they would at least be aware that there is no bigger insult than to have terrible forged work being sold to unsuspecting people for large sums of money. If anyone ever sees anything else that is allegedly made by my salon, let me know. :)
[a]narchy - no rules.
http://www.anarchyinthejp.com

rivetlicker_

Re: Fake [a]narchy wig sold by French ebay user

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 am

DAMN!!!
That's unfortunate.

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:43 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:DAMN!!!
That's unfortunate.
i know... :( i think that doing hair that is inspired by our stuff is fantastic, and a huge compliment, but making money off of it, plus the fact that while it's not something i would say terrible things about if it was an amateur attempt, the fact that it could easily make people who don't know better think that our wigs are of that sort of quality, and used our name and image to make some cash just shocked me x1000. :/

we've never really had this happen to us before [a lot of uncredited image use on the net and on youtube, but that's gradually sorted itself out...nothing like this D:], so i guess we're extra surprised by what happened...but it's a good lesson to keep an eye out and actually do the thing i hate doing the most: googling our salon and seeing what comes up x_x

the girl gave me a really long and ridiculous story, saying someone had sent the package to her [with the wig obviously] FROM JAPAN, and had used an e-mail address using kazu's name and anarchyinthejp. i don't even know what to believe anymore...i'm just going to let ebay handle it x_x
[a]narchy - no rules.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:41 am

Gah, I wish she hadn't done that. Shame on her.

It however DOES look like one of your wigs, but where it came from, god only knows.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 am

I personally don't think it does look like an anarchy wig. When I saw it in the show offs with the anarchy name I did just assume maybe this was a new budget line though
telling it like it is!

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:29 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Gah, I wish she hadn't done that. Shame on her.

It however DOES look like one of your wigs, but where it came from, god only knows.
now she swears she bought it from a blog that sounds 100% like our blog, and an e-mail address that was the same as ours...there's a lot of foot-shooting in the message, so i am not even bothering, it's already gone nowhere.

kazu and i were just talking about this, and both were kind of sad that for either some or many people don't see any difference in our wigs and that one...i admit that the photo advertising it on ebay is awfully misleading for quality/colour, but the bubblewrap colours, structure, and quality is nothing like ours... the plastic throws it off, because we originated from pepi's, and use their original plastic the same way sometimes in our shop, so identical materials can make it seem like it could be ours. i guess we just hoped people would be able to see the difference based on shape, structure, and precision, and style, but i think we have a bit of a way to go if our work and that wig can be mistaken for the same thing... :(
[a]narchy - no rules.

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:39 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:I personally don't think it does look like an anarchy wig. When I saw it in the show offs with the anarchy name I did just assume maybe this was a new budget line though
it's funny you should say that, actually, because we were just talking about how we will never be able to make a budget line two days ago... while i personally would have liked to have pieces more accessible to people who really like our work, the amount of work that goes into every piece, plus the detail, is something we could never reduce the quality of... if we made something we weren't satisfied with having our name associated with to save someone a few bucks, there would someday come that time when people see it and think, 'wow, if you go to [a]narchy, THAT is how you'll end up...? D:' which is something we're really against...

...plus, when i was 16 and started going to pepi's, i remember eating economy baked beans and bread for months just so i could save the money to get my hair done once. to some people, the price, whether high or low, will always be worth it, and to others, it's ridiculousz to pay more than $20 for a haircut in life...so as long as people who respect and appreciate the effort that we make, we're not going to sacrifice the reputation that we spent the last four years making from zero in tokyo...

sorry this is so long, i've had a long day and i'm rambling. x_x
[a]narchy - no rules.

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:29 pm

I must admit, I didn't think it was your wig. It looks a bit /too/ amateur and I didn't really think the scrunchie was your thing and did nothing for it. Personally, I thought it was a bit pants... Hence why I didn't comment on it to begin with. :?

Just thought I would let you know that people who know your work know your standards, and don't think you have gone downhill!
I am neither blue nor red. I am a proud recruit of the Indecisive Army!

kaned_ferret

Post by kaned_ferret » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:41 pm

this might not make sense, but to me the way it was worded was very sly, not ACTUALLY saying that it was made by anarchy

"This wig made by Anarchy costs 600€/790$/540£" - the way that's worded actually implies more that "IF this wig was made by anarchy it would cost" as opposed to saying that "this wig WAS made by anarchy and it DID cost" Does that make sense? Ha probably not. Still, misleading copies still don't help your rep - it would have been nice if they could have put something along the lines of "this wig was inspired by the anarchy styles" :roll:

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:31 am

Well, I don't know much about your stuff (I'm not into the more cybery look) but it *is* possible that they purchased it and it was incorrectly cited. I think the first set of dreads I sold I said were made by Cradle Falls and they ended up being made by someone else and I just purchased them from Cradle Falls. I was torn a new one for it :lol: and I have no idea if the person that bought them from me caught the conversation about it.

apatico

Post by apatico » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:02 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I did kind of blink and go "wtf?" when that post listed the wig as made by you guys. My impression was that you guys kind of effed that one up. I accepted that it was your because of the flat plastic in the front, thinking perhaps it had just been used and abused A LOT. It's kind of a relief to know that you didn't make it, even if the situation still sucks.

Best of luck!

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:04 am

Lorny wrote:I must admit, I didn't think it was your wig. It looks a bit /too/ amateur and I didn't really think the scrunchie was your thing and did nothing for it. Personally, I thought it was a bit pants... Hence why I didn't comment on it to begin with. :?

Just thought I would let you know that people who know your work know your standards, and don't think you have gone downhill!
thank you, it really makes me feel better hearing that from you :) i'm definitely not trying to say that our wigs are the BEST out there or anything, but i really felt that the level of quality was just not up to snuff as far as what we do goes... :/
[a]narchy - no rules.

anarchyinthejp

Post by anarchyinthejp » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:06 am

kaned_ferret wrote:this might not make sense, but to me the way it was worded was very sly, not ACTUALLY saying that it was made by anarchy

"This wig made by Anarchy costs 600€/790$/540£" - the way that's worded actually implies more that "IF this wig was made by anarchy it would cost" as opposed to saying that "this wig WAS made by anarchy and it DID cost" Does that make sense? Ha probably not. Still, misleading copies still don't help your rep - it would have been nice if they could have put something along the lines of "this wig was inspired by the anarchy styles" :roll:
honestly, that was what i thought at first, too...that they were just trying to insinuate that it was LIKE our wigs, but not the real thing...but the second i contacted the seller, they went on a long tangent about how they had bought it from us, how kazu [my husband] had contacted her, and how she had ordered after seeing our blog...and commenting. none of it adds up, so i think it's just someone trying to cover their butt x_x

and i totally agree, saying it's LIKE something, or inspired by something, is a totally different story...but it really seems that they were just trying to make a quick buck off our name, and they succeeded!
[a]narchy - no rules.

Return to “Copyright?”