DIY & Hair Dye

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
VixenSingsBlack

DIY & Hair Dye

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:12 pm

This MySpace page is just an archive site, but it's not cool for people to take pictures without permission. A few of my pictures are there, and I saw at least a few other ladies from this board.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... 8292840088

I'm not sure about contacting them or not yet... humph. Just wanted to let everyone else know.

Edit: I did contact them, I told them I at least wanted them to link to my website if they were going to use my pictures... No reply yet.

Phoenix

Re: DIY & Hair Dye

Post by Phoenix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:10 pm

A bit off the topic but I love how on the dreads and falls section the first picture is the one of MissAnthropik which most people seem to nick :roll:

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 am

I didn't even realise they were using stolen images! Silly me :oops:

From the looks of the different photobucket accounts, I think the DIY and Hair Dye page is merely linking to the galleries that other people have made. If you want them taken down or to give credit, you'd probably need to message whoever owns the account.
More human than human

sammu

Post by sammu » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:54 pm

There isn't even a button to report the person maintaining the Myspace. Photobucket staff don't do a thing for stolen images, because... that's what 90% of everything hosted there is. :/

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:00 am

CirqueMachine wrote:There isn't even a button to report the person maintaining the Myspace. Photobucket staff don't do a thing for stolen images, because... that's what 90% of everything hosted there is. :/
Really? They've always taken down the images I've had stolen off deviantart.
More human than human

TwiggyDEVOUR

Post by TwiggyDEVOUR » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 pm

VixenSingsBlack wrote:This MySpace page is just an archive site, but it's not cool for people to take pictures without permission. A few of my pictures are there, and I saw at least a few other ladies from this board.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... 8292840088

I'm not sure about contacting them or not yet... humph. Just wanted to let everyone else know.

Edit: I did contact them, I told them I at least wanted them to link to my website if they were going to use my pictures... No reply yet.

Same here! D: Found loads of my 'private/friends only' pictures up on there >:[ No one asked for my permission. I had sent all the links to the blog owner via myspace. She hasn't replied.
I even think awhile back she tried to add me as a friend/group, but I didn't trust it.

Just like VixenSingsBlack, I'd prefer it there was at least a link/credit, but permission is a must!
I'm more upset that someone just went through my friends-only albums and made them public :/ ..their nothing special, but it helps keep control other who's taking what-from where, etc.

Pallidity

Post by Pallidity » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Just a thought, but since it always seems to be the same handful of people having images nicked it might prove worth your time to watermark them? And not just slapping one on, but putting one on in a place so that the person can't crop it out. There will always be people able to remove that, but it still seems like it might be helpful regardless.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:04 pm

i watermark my pics now, but the ones that get taken are always the same ones - the very first ones i ever put up on the internet way before i knew anything about watermarking
telling it like it is!

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:22 am

Yes, well put Pallidity. I am currently shifting all of my pictures over to water marked, but it takes a while and some images will just never come back from the black hole of the internet.

dreadstarrs

Post by dreadstarrs » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:58 pm

i think they do provide links for some of them now. i went on there and found yours vixensingsblack. at least thats a start...still naughty though :evil:
when you find yourself on the edge of madness,dive.

** faerie princess **

sammu

Post by sammu » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I got an email from the girl who runs the Myspace... she says she'll do what she can, but there are seperate individual people who own the Photobuckets. Is there anyway you can contact the person/people via PB?

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:16 am

Yeah, they contacted me to tell me they'd comply with my wishes and add my site. Oh well for the pics--it's my fault partially for not protecting myself. I am starting to be more proactive with my water marking now. Serves me right for having awesome hair and pictures, then not protecting them.

Taraiha

Post by Taraiha » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 pm

For future reference, I have had problems with images stolen from Photobucket several times and they're easy to deal with if someone has taken your pics and put them into their own account. All you have to do is prove they're YOUR photoes.

I did that by providing the email addy for my photobucket account (which only I would know), a link to my photos in flickr which were clearly of me on the same day in the same place, emailed them a physical copy of a couple of the original full size photos and a link to the person who took the photos and where they were. They notified me a few days later that the user had claimed they were their photos and refused to remove them but since they clearly weren't Photobucket forcibly removed them. Only took about 10 days for them to sort it all out.

If the photos are in your account but they're linked to a site, then you need to contact the site in question, Photobucket can't do anything about other people linking to your public photos. You could just change the name of your photo album to break the links, but of course, that breaks the link on your own pages too.
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offense. But we could take the safety labels off everything and let nature run its course.

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:26 pm

I think this user has deleted their account.
I <3 The Chameleons

Mischief

Post by Mischief » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Xavialune wrote:I think this user has deleted their account.
I can still see it.

Xavialune

Post by Xavialune » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:56 am

Mischief wrote:
Xavialune wrote:I think this user has deleted their account.
I can still see it.
Thats weird it wont let me. I will have to try again and see..
I <3 The Chameleons

Return to “Copyright?”