does anyone recognize these photos?

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
vintagesoul

does anyone recognize these photos?

Post by vintagesoul » Tue May 17, 2011 11:18 pm

i'm putting the question to this forum, because i think if anyone would possibly know you guys would. someone i know who is a facebook friend, is claiming these photos are her, four years ago, after some lap band surgery.

i do not believe they are her. i am concerned she is using someone else's photos, and even between photos they are obviously (to me) not the same person. i would like to call her out, but i want to be certain before i do.

can you guys take a look and see if you recognize them?

ImageImageImageImageImage
i'm makin headlines like a courdory pillow...

vintagesoul

Re: does anyone recognize these photos?

Post by vintagesoul » Tue May 17, 2011 11:40 pm

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue May 17, 2011 11:41 pm

those all look like different people to me, and I've definitely seen the second to last one before. I'll see if I can find it. Although I'm not sure this is the right thread, I think this is more for people stealing product images? Not sure though :i2:

Edit: Can't find it but its gonna annoy me to hell if I don't :lol: I thought I knew exactly where I'd seen it before. Maybe its a customer pic I've seen on here? D: I don't knooww!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Tue May 17, 2011 11:55 pm

oh! well i wasn't sure so if it needs to be moved, by all means... lol...

what's the general consensus on this sort of thing? i know it happens all the time, but what would you all do if it were someone you knew that was pretending this picture was them? do i call her out? do i let it go on and do nothing?

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 am

do you know her personally? Cause honestly I'm pretty.. well, honest, and if any of my friends did that I'd flat out say "thats really creepy and not ok." And besides, those mostly look like they were done with a professional photographer in a photo shoot, and look like professional models. If her page doesn't say anywhere that she's a model I'd be suspicious.

And disclaimer: honestly I'm horrible at faces, they all LOOK like different people to me, different piercings etc, but I don't know for sure. I can never go with my instinct on these things cause I simply am horrible at remembering faces :lol: But I KNOWWWW I've seen that picture before, damn you!

Also, I commend you for doing your research before calling her out.

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 am

ha! yeah please let me know if you can remember that one... i'd like to be able to specifically say to her who she's pretending to be. this girl is slippery i tell you. i'm trying to handle this delicately, because she's a volatile person. i do know her well, from high school.

i've posted a comment on one of the photos. i want to see if she'll admit that it's not her. i have no intention of humiliating her...

i think the two brunettes and the redhead are three different girls... the first one came up in google easily, all i typed in was "blue cybergoth"...lol...

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 am

Sadly facebook doesn't have a service where you can actually report stolen photos unless you're the copyright holder.

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 am

that is sad, because if someone is stealing someone else's identity that is fraud and they should have a way to report that... i truly believe that any form of plagiarism/fraud/theft is despicable and the reason this particular instance irritates me is because of this person's history of doing stuff like this, coupled with the absolute absurdity of the claim.

part of me knows that her life is probably very depressing and that's why she does this, but it's no excuse. i'm certain i'm not the only one who knows it isn't her... but i doubt if anyone else would call her out on it...

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed May 18, 2011 1:28 am

maybe you could just be like

"who is this a picture of? The models really pretty" and pretend you didn't know it was "her" Thats a pretty innocent way of going about it I think.

If you do find out who the pictures are of you can contact the copyright holder and leave it to them to decide if they want to take action.

STILL DONT KNOW WHERE THAT PICS FROM THOUGH
I thought I saw it on the "goth girls" page on facebook but I've pored over every single album and can't find it. Now I really think I may have seen it on a customer gallery of some dread seller; if thats the case I'm sure someone here will recognize it.

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 am

i posted on one of them "just curious who took these photos for you" but i'm considering just dropping a link in her inbox without saying anything else. i want to give her a chance to come clean, but i'm 90% sure she won't.

thanks for looking! i'm hoping someone else will know just who it is. just need to know the two brunettes and the redhead. :mrgreen:

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 am

This http://www.tineye.com/ might be useful in future. You just copy and paste the link/upload photo and it finds where they are from if it can.

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Wed May 18, 2011 2:20 pm

NICE! thanks you guys! i called her out this morning. she said she would take them down, but not before lying to me first trying to convince me they are her. i sent her the link to the blue ones, and she finally admitted it. she still hasn't taken them down.

ha...

i'll have to try tinyeye on the other two because i still don't know who they are...

thanks again! :)

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed May 18, 2011 2:55 pm

I tried it on that picture and it couldn't find it. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE I EFFING SAW IT GODDAMN! :lol:

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Wed May 18, 2011 3:12 pm

facebook does actually have a way to report it. you click the block this person link, and its going to ask you why your blocking them and if you wish to report it. one of the options is "this person is pretending to be me.pretending to be someone else"

vintagesoul

Post by vintagesoul » Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 pm

well i think that involves actually blocking the person, which i do not want to do. i actually emailed the model from the first two pics and told her about what was going on. i sent her screen caps of the girl's profile and the comments on the pics where she said it was her.

there is a blank form for copyright infringement actually, if you click on any photo, then on "report this image", there is an option for copyright infringement reporting. i sent it to the model so she can complete it if she wants. i'm not really keen on the idea of reporting it myself because they send the person's info to the accused and i don't want to get involved in all that. i'll let the model do it if she wants, since it is her copyright.

i've done my part, i did the research, proved it wasn't her, told her privately that i knew, asked her to tell the truth... if she doesn't comply, well, i can't force her but i told her that it was copyrighted and it was lying and that it was wrong and she could possibly be sued.

Return to “Copyright?”