Stolen pics - sundaricreations.com

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
rivetlicker_

Stolen pics - sundaricreations.com

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:19 am

They are using one of my (unwatermarked) pictures.
The rest appears to be nothing I've seen before, but I may be wrong.
http://www.sundaricreations.com/apps/ph ... id=9152526

Smashley

Re: Stolen pics - sundaricreations.com

Post by Smashley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 pm

I know this girl. Which photo was yours? Cause others have come forward saying she has stolen photos, although she'll claim she is just using them for examples of what she can do, not claiming them as her own, but still.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Smashley wrote:I know this girl. Which photo was yours? Cause others have come forward saying she has stolen photos, although she'll claim she is just using them for examples of what she can do, not claiming them as her own, but still.

that's not the point. If she CAN do the work herself, why does she steal other images. Surely she has pictures of her own work to use & if not, why not? Also, it's always better to ask to use something or credit back to the original maker, or even "these aren't my photos, they're examples from other people of what I can do too" than just outright purloining something.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather see something someone actually made rather than an image that sorta looks like it.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Smashley

Post by Smashley » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:
Smashley wrote:I know this girl. Which photo was yours? Cause others have come forward saying she has stolen photos, although she'll claim she is just using them for examples of what she can do, not claiming them as her own, but still.

that's not the point. If she CAN do the work herself, why does she steal other images. Surely she has pictures of her own work to use & if not, why not? Also, it's always better to ask to use something or credit back to the original maker, or even "these aren't my photos, they're examples from other people of what I can do too" than just outright purloining something.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather see something someone actually made rather than an image that sorta looks like it.
Oh, I know, I was in no way condoning what she's doing. It's not fair at all. It caused quite a stink when she moved to our city, and people saw her photos.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:13 am

I think she took it down after I emailed her.
She was using this photo.

I clearly state on my facebook:
My images:
They are mine. If you use them to advertise your business (including "EXAMPLES OF PRODUCT" and ebay/etsy sales), you will be blacklisted, named and shamed as a copyright violator. I do not wish to see my images uploaded anywhere I didn't upload them myself.
If you want to use them for private galleries or on the hair extensions forum for reference purposes, you may use them, but ONLY for those reasons.

ToxicHair

Post by ToxicHair » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:38 am

Allesun here from
SundariCreations.com
Hey Smashly, I just saw your post on hair forum, I'm just sending a reply. I did have pics up of dreadlock examples of what I could do, also it was clearly stated this and also they were on my Rave.ca profile, not my website or anywhere for them to be really looked at. At the time I didn't have a camera. It was like about a year ago. I'm really surprised people are still going on about it today. Also the girl who started the post ( Rivot Licker ) saw a picture, (1 picture!!! Out of about 600) that was not even meant to be posted and was posted by accident. Really I don't need nor want to steal photos of other peoples work. After all, that sort of defeats the purpose of dreadlocks in the first place ( as a lifestyle ) Anyways, I generally don't have a lot of pictures these days anyways of dreadfalls as I don't make them anymore, I hired a girl that makes them for me as I'm too scrunched for time. I focus more on natural dreadlocks and permanent dreadlock extensions and have been for some time now.

Anyways, just wanted to clear this up. I will post this on the hair forum also. I come in Peace<3
Keep it dready ladies,

Allesun

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:48 am

Thank you :)

ToxicHair

Post by ToxicHair » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:01 pm

<3 Your welcome and Sorry again Rivet <3

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey Smashly, I just saw your post on hair forum, I'm just sending a reply. I did have pics up of dreadlock examples of what I could do, also it was clearly stated this and also they were on my Rave.ca profile, not my website or anywhere for them to be really looked at. At the time I didn't have a camera. It was like about a year ago. I'm really surprised people are still going on about it today. Also the girl who started the post ( Rivot Licker ) saw a picture, (1 picture!!! Out of about 600) that was not even meant to be posted and was posted by accident. Really I don't need nor want to steal photos of other peoples work. After all, that sort of defeats the purpose of dreadlocks in the first place ( as a lifestyle ) Anyways, I generally don't have a lot of pictures these days anyways of dreadfalls as I don't make them anymore, I hired a girl that makes them for me as I'm too scrunched for time. I focus more on natural dreadlocks and permanent dreadlock extensions and have been for some time now.

Anyways, just wanted to clear this up. I will post this on the hair forum also. I come in Peace<3
This is a very typical explanation, but I don't see how these kind of excuses would make it right?
that was not even meant to be posted and was posted by accident
- so she has just accidentally browsed internet to copy 600 pics and uploaded them somewhere (since she didn't have a camera, they were all stolen, right?) - but she did all this by accident.

Ööööh. Right. :mrgreen:
It was like about a year ago. I'm really surprised people are still going on about it today.
There seems to be way too many people in need of some serious media education.
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

ToxicHair

Post by ToxicHair » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:01 am

^^.I think you are a bit unclear of the situation^^Actually the pictures that were posted that were titled as examples of my work was posted over a year ago, this is before I had any good pictures or a functioning camera. Since then I have acquired much more then 600 pictures of my own, but only have about 600 on my website (All mine). About 2000 or so all over my computer and a bit unorganized I may add as formatting it is the least of my priorities. Same with being on this hair forum even tho it is pretty darn cool!

Peace out

ToxicHair

Post by ToxicHair » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:51 am

PS> Also I was unaware of all the copy write infringement rules and regulations before. Just wanted to add that in. I didn't realize about these terms until a huge hair manufacturer from China stole my images and was using them and I finally looked into it. I didn't deem it as wrong as the items sold looked very very close to the same as the images. Also I don't really do dreadfalls, more so permanent dreadlock extensions. When making permanent dreadlock extensions the entire task of making a set has to do with making the extensions look identical to your natural drealocks for a perfect blend. That's generally what I do! So I am used to copying the look of a picture as generally a lot of my clients are online and I make from a picture sent to me. Anyways, sorry for ranting on.Take care, dread the world!

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 pm

It is of course a different thing to copy a style (everybody on this board does that, more or less. Ideas cannot be copyrighted and none of us really invented style of our own), and to use someone's pictures.

Seems that I really misundestood about the 600 pics. But really:
Actually the pictures that were posted that were titled as examples of my work was posted over a year ago, this is before I had any good pictures or a functioning camera.
This still does not entitle anyone to use someone elses photos. But I hope you know this already.

And to the media education part:

Once you upload something to internet and forget it there, it does not "get old" or mystically disappear, even if you yourself would forget it existed. It may not disappear even if you'd take it off.

I'm sorry if I sound rude, it's nothing personal. I'm just very, very tired of the same excuse heard a millionth time and people still not getting the point. It's no different than using a photo of someone elses face as an example of you, telling "I have same colored hair, same colored skin, two eyes, one nose and one mouth". ;)
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

Return to “Copyright?”