Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
ScarletLady

Re: Candy Acid Hair Extensions - Beware of Fakes/Scammer

Post by ScarletLady » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 pm

pixychick wrote:Stupid question but has anyone messaged Ruth from Candy Acid herself to let her know about all of this?
She knows - she has a big message on her MySpace page about it :)

EDIT - well she's (the scammer - not Ruth) been on-line today and has read my message...no response surprisingly
:roll:
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey everyone, thank you all for being so understanding, i am really p-d off about it, as it's taken me ages to build up all my photos and work, feedback, customer pics etc, and to know someone has just used every photo of my customers as well is just ridiculous! Thank you Abby for posting this - i actually just logged in now to post this myself so i feel reall happy that you had already done it for me :) And that everyone has been so kind and reported her for me and sent her messages etc. What a silly cow ay lol xxx

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:36 pm

I suggested this on I think Sybafairy's FB status. Do a myspace salute. Take a pic of yourself holding up a sign with your name and myspace URL. It'll help solve things quicker.

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 am

rivetlicker_ wrote:I suggested this on I think Sybafairy's FB status. Do a myspace salute. Take a pic of yourself holding up a sign with your name and myspace URL. It'll help solve things quicker.
I agree.
Also, along with your name and myspace URL, include your myspace ID number.

pixieparadox

Post by pixieparadox » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:14 am

i posted on FB. i would hate to start watermarking my pics of myself. im sorry for all you who got sucked into it. i cant believe that someone would go so far! :x
"Come with me. Take my hand. I promise you, there's no promise land."

I HAVE A NEW SITE http://www.paradox-designs.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixieparadox

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:23 am

Amb3r wrote:
rivetlicker_ wrote:I suggested this on I think Sybafairy's FB status. Do a myspace salute. Take a pic of yourself holding up a sign with your name and myspace URL. It'll help solve things quicker.
I agree.
Also, along with your name and myspace URL, include your myspace ID number.

Yes - i will get this done asap! xxx

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:34 am

Does anyone know if there is a way of water-marking photos that are already uploaded on myspace? I really don't want to delete and upload them all again, it would take forever and get rid of alot of comments from people :(

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:23 am

ScarletLady wrote:I wanted to do something like that but couldn't find any comments or people who had ordered - where did you see that??

After I sent her a message there was a page showing her recent convo's. I only saw one person but hey its something.

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am

Candy.Acid wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way of water-marking photos that are already uploaded on myspace? I really don't want to delete and upload them all again, it would take forever and get rid of alot of comments from people :(

I dont believe so. :-(

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 am

Sorry to keep posting but as to why I sent a message saying Thief. Because for one Myspace wont do anything. It is very rare that they will actually do something about pages that are in direct violation of their rules. For two, who cares if Myspace does anything, said person will just start another page. Three if said person feels they will get nothing but negative comments and messages from the people she is trying to sell crap to then maybe that will be a more effective way of dissuading them. Also I knew it would show some of their communications with people once I sent a message and I was more interested in preventing them from making sales.

Lastly I take offense at you name calling on the forums for people trying to help another member out who is being violated. Peanut Gallery? seriously? I will refrain from stating what I would like AS this is not the place, but I did want to explain the logic behind backing each other up in situations like this. But I guess its just a small example of what is wrong with this world. No real sense of community. When you see something wrong happening its just better to avert your gaze and not get involved because its none of your business. It doesn't matter if its something not terribly serious like this, or your neighbor being beat to death in the middle of the street. So long as our own individual little narcissistic worlds are not disturb.

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Stilldawn wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:I wanted to do something like that but couldn't find any comments or people who had ordered - where did you see that??

After I sent her a message there was a page showing her recent convo's. I only saw one person but hey its something.
You can view all her comments from people if you use 'Mozilla Firefox'

Just click on:

'View' then, 'Page Style' then click 'no style', do this when you are viewing the profile, then scroll and and you will see all her comments, she has over 1000 friends so has been at it for long time, and she has been asking people to trade for hair extensions etc. she has absolutely NO feedback from people, and she probabaly has her comments set to where the owner of the myspace has to approve each comment, im pretty sure shes got alot of money out of this probabaly already.

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Can someone please tell me what the myspace ID number is and where to find it? please x

Amb3r

Post by Amb3r » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Candy.Acid wrote:Can someone please tell me what the myspace ID number is and where to find it? please x

That is your myspace/friend ID number.

If you click on your photos, comments, friends lists, etc, you will see that number.

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Amb3r wrote:
Candy.Acid wrote:Can someone please tell me what the myspace ID number is and where to find it? please x

That is your myspace/friend ID number.

If you click on your photos, comments, friends lists, etc, you will see that number.
ahh thank you! :D xxx

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Stilldawn wrote:Sorry to keep posting but as to why I sent a message saying Thief. Because for one Myspace wont do anything. It is very rare that they will actually do something about pages that are in direct violation of their rules. For two, who cares if Myspace does anything, said person will just start another page. Three if said person feels they will get nothing but negative comments and messages from the people she is trying to sell crap to then maybe that will be a more effective way of dissuading them. Also I knew it would show some of their communications with people once I sent a message and I was more interested in preventing them from making sales.

Lastly I take offense at you name calling on the forums for people trying to help another member out who is being violated. Peanut Gallery? seriously? I will refrain from stating what I would like AS this is not the place, but I did want to explain the logic behind backing each other up in situations like this. But I guess its just a small example of what is wrong with this world. No real sense of community. When you see something wrong happening its just better to avert your gaze and not get involved because its none of your business. It doesn't matter if its something not terribly serious like this, or your neighbor being beat to death in the middle of the street. So long as our own individual little narcissistic worlds are not disturb.
Directed at me, yes?

What I meant by what I said wasn't directed at those who actually helped like you did (e.g, pass on information to potential buyers, etc). I meant the people who just stick their oar in, scream thief for "the lulz" then bog off. The peanut gallery. Those who don't actually do anything to help but can't help getting pointlessly involved. That's what I meant by peanut gallery. :roll:

Stilldawn

Post by Stilldawn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm

I apologize if I jumped the gun. I should know better than to post when I first wake up. I get what you are saying and understand. Sorry for my preachy rant! And thank you for responding.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Candy.Acid wrote:
Stilldawn wrote:

You can view all her comments from people if you use 'Mozilla Firefox'

Just click on:

'View' then, 'Page Style' then click 'no style', do this when you are viewing the profile, then scroll and and you will see all her comments, she has over 1000 friends so has been at it for long time, and she has been asking people to trade for hair extensions etc. she has absolutely NO feedback from people, and she probabaly has her comments set to where the owner of the myspace has to approve each comment, im pretty sure shes got alot of money out of this probabaly already.
Probably spam added and then spammed the sh*t out of everyone.
*Sigh*

sammu

Post by sammu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Stilldawn wrote:I apologize if I jumped the gun. I should know better than to post when I first wake up. I get what you are saying and understand. Sorry for my preachy rant! And thank you for responding.
No problem, 'tis cool. :D

I let a few of the customers I recognised know their image is being used. This profile won't last long.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:22 pm

I got a message back from the girl she had a convo with on her stream - she's got tons of warning messages apparently.

* Queen of Tangents*

Candy.Acid

Post by Candy.Acid » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 pm

ScarletLady wrote:I got a message back from the girl she had a convo with on her stream - she's got tons of warning messages apparently.
what do you mean? what did the message from her say? xx

madebs666

Post by madebs666 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm

I spotted this on FB, but didn't even stop to think if my photo was on there.

Which it is...grrr...

Messaged, commented, reported etc.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:32 am

Candy.Acid wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:I got a message back from the girl she had a convo with on her stream - she's got tons of warning messages apparently.
what do you mean? what did the message from her say? xx
I saw on Kandi Acid's stream she was having a convo with a girl who appeared to be ordering something from her...I messaged the girl (who was ordering) and warned her NOT to buy as she was a scam artist. She messaged me back to say she'd had loads of messages saying the same thing, and thanking me (and everyone) for letting her know. She now won't be buying from her. I can forward you the message if you like hon.

She want's to know where she can buy the extensions from legitimately so you can always contact her if you like :)

* Queen of Tangents*

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am

Great, now the fake is using IKS's ECW colour charts.

Only doing trades? SCAM SCAM SCAM!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:52 am

I spotted that yesterday too - She read my first message and I sent her another demanding she take my pictures down again which she hasn't read, even though she's been on-line

MySpace is SH!T, I can't believe nothing's been done yet, I've reported my pictures, contacted MySpace directly and haven't even had a reply from them - it makes me sick that she can just take pictures like that and nothing can be done about it :evil:

* Queen of Tangents*

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 am

I've checked her page today and she's added a load of "Oh look I'm legit!" stuff on her gallery...lots of things from trades etc she's done but no-one commenting on extensions from her

Is there seriously nothing else that can be done?? She's added more pictures to her "customer" gallery

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Copyright?”