This just burns me up

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Tipsyxx

This just burns me up

Post by Tipsyxx » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:45 am

People selling loose crappy looking yarnfalls for anything more than $15!

She is asking $50-$60 for this set of long yarn falls. how??

$30-$40 for these even.
it just boggles my mind how anyone thinks they could sell those, the ends are so messy. and the loops at the top look so big like she didn't do any layering technique on the elastic mount. how is anyone supposed to fit that around their hair? it looks like the yarn pieces are already compacted together, Bah. i just don't get it. I just think most yarnfalls are ugly.

Nenedhel

Re: This just burns me up

Post by Nenedhel » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 am

I know what you mean, then again I think it may be because people see 'wool' falls ie. Roving falls which is more expensive and dont realise that it is a completely different fibre and so charge the same amount for yarn as you would for roving. I recently found that quite a few people I had seen had mixed them up. (yep some people don't know the difference and claim to be 'experts' on falls Or rather the wearing of)

Maybe whoever sells them spent aggges making them? Possible, but I wouldn't dream of paying for or charging anywhere near that. I like yarn falls providing they are well made... I have seen worse than that.
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

twigletstar

Post by twigletstar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:48 am

Just my opinion but I don't think you should be slating other people's work on a public forum, regardless of what they charge.

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:36 am

i agree above, you opinion should be your opinion. I was always taught an item is worth as much as someone will pay for it. So if she sells them then good for her!! Some people may like them enough to buy them. I don't think it's fair for you to name and shame them on a forum like this. That is now what this forum is about.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:38 am

Monique_marion_may wrote:I don't think it's fair for you to name and shame them on a forum like this.
This, basically.

miss_mortisha

Post by miss_mortisha » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:29 am

ShadowThrone wrote:
Monique_marion_may wrote:I don't think it's fair for you to name and shame them on a forum like this.
This, basically.
agreed.
"never be afraid to reach for the sky, for if you fall, you'll land among the stars"
Mummy to Alyssia Teia Hope - 17th Jan 2010

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 am

I agree also
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

If you want to discuss prices relative to talent, please take it to A&C and construct a valid argument, not just a snark post. You can also post in the 'What Grinds Your Gears' thread if you want to vent, but we'd like to keep snark posts away from the main page because they don't warrant their own topic.
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”