Frustration is...

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
sally

Frustration is...

Post by sally » Sun May 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Frustration is finally having your new install settle down so it's no longer pulling on your scalp and itching like mad, then having a potential employer phone to arrange an interview! Doh! Anyone else not get their "moneys worth" out of their installs recently? I know it's a good thing, but still... pah!

poxabomination

Re: Frustration is...

Post by poxabomination » Sun May 15, 2011 5:05 pm

ugh how about never actually getting your dreads installed because your seller ripped you off, took 5 months to actually return contact with you, and then after you threatened legal action, instead of refunding you like you asked, they instead send you a set of dreads so poorly made that they fall apart when you pick them up?! :evil: I've yet to ever have an install, those were supposed to be my first set. HISSSSSSSS.

I need a job really badly too, so when I finally can afford a set I won't be able to install them unless somehow I get a job at Hot Topic. MORE HISSSS.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Mon May 16, 2011 3:42 am

alot of jobs will let you have them if you have a natural/ mostly natural color scheme :)

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 am

iddylove wrote:alot of jobs will let you have them if you have a natural/ mostly natural color scheme :)
Natural colors - HISSSSSS :lol: Black is as natural as I like, unfortunately. I WANT COLORZ!
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

sally

Post by sally » Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 am

In my last couple of jobs, I've gone right in there with blue hair, asked to speak to the manager (rather than just slobbing up to the counter in my tracky bottoms and demanding "got any applications?" Yeah kid, I've got infinite amount of "applications", I print them off the computer as and when I need them. I hate idiots.) and explained that I'm interested in working for their company, and that blue hair and facial piecings are superficial things that I'm willing to change/work around. In my last job, the blue hair was fine, but no dreads and piercings due to hygiene (working at Whittards, the coffee and tea merchants, I guess they were scared my nose ring would fall in the coffee beans ;) ) and in my current job (Paperchase, art materials and stationery) my look is actively encouraged - most of the staff have a couple of piercings and I work with a girl with gorgeous turquoise hair most shifts.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the jobs are out there for the taking if you're willing to put the work into getting them, and are prepared to compromise a little. For this job interview tomorrow, I'm going in with my head held high to play up my strengths and showcase my wealth of experience in the retail sector. Hopefully, they won't even NOTICE my hair :P

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Wed May 18, 2011 3:02 am

^ UGH. I wish. I don't have a job as of now and I just had my first one last fall. It was seasonal though and they decided not to hire me full-time because I am in high school (three more weeks and I'm done!!!). I need to find one somewhere that will fit with my college schedule and allow me to have pretty hair and piercings.
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

sally

Post by sally » Thu May 19, 2011 8:15 am

Well, I didn't get that job I applied for, but I was told that it was because there were a couple of candidates with more relavant experience than me. Even if this was a lie, and he simply didn't like the look of me, I appreciated his (dis?)honesty and I am applying for more jobs this week - including one which I would happily dye my hair a natural colour for, should I get an interview. Just gotta keep my head up and not let it get me down!

Next dilemma, my hair is so damaged and dyed blue so many times that my base colour is now a pale green, wonder if a box red would stick? Maybe it's time to invest in some decent HH wigs ;)

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”