new color woes

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
FaerieGirl

new color woes

Post by FaerieGirl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am

Have you ever bought a new color of hair and drooled over it and dreamed about it because it's beautiful and wonderful, and it finally shows up and you start on your first dread and it's A PAIN IN THE ASS TO WORK WITH?! Sorry for the uber long run on sentence. For someone who's going to college next year to be an english major, that was pretty terrible. Any way, I'm in that predicament right now. Medium blue. I love it so much, but god, it's a pain!!
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

poxabomination

Re: new color woes

Post by poxabomination » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:10 am

Ugh thats why I freaked out over that green so much, I was afraid if I got the wrong brand it would be shit and make me angry and give up :lol: But looking at some of the threads here I know brands to avoid which is awesome to know :p
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:43 am

Gah that really sucks, thankfully *touch wood* so far I haven't had a problem with sealing any colour.. could be because of my super powerful steamer... not sure, have you tried a different method?
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

FaerieGirl

Post by FaerieGirl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:20 am

It's not the sealing that I have problems with, it's the back combing. It's the kind of hair that kinda feels like afrelle, but it isn't. You know how brands like black&gold are nappy? This stuff is silkier. Still KK, but just finer, I guess. I'm rambling. Anyway, it knots up where I don't want it to! lol
Taking over the world, one cupcake at a time. http://www.facebook.com/pages/CausticCu ... 7885476928
CURRENTLY TAKING ORDERS

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Whenever I get a bag of hair, get it out and it has that... idk... slimey layer on it, I normally facepalm then realise I'm going to have a hard slog sealing it. I had it with a bag of Jazzy hair the other day, beautiful colour which was lovely to backcomb, but it was an absolute turd to seal. I think I must have sealed it about 4 times now and it looks like my first ever set of dreads :lol: They're a right mess!
They're wearable by my standards but I could never sell them, which is a shame :/
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Dreadie_Lover1

Post by Dreadie_Lover1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

Iv'e only ever used X-tentions and there Platinum Blonde sticks to anything! Although seals really well.
I've had to seal the petrol green like 4 times now though :|
"You're Different?!" *Werid Look*..'MEH'... "Darling We're All Different, You Just Don't Have The Balls To Show The World... I Do."

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 am

i actually really like how some colors have that super fine "slimy" feel to them. idk but for me theyr easier to backcomb how i like it.and i dont have trouble sealing. its the dry feeling stuff that i dont like.its a birch to work with.

Librarynerd

Post by Librarynerd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:50 am

iddylove wrote:i actually really like how some colors have that super fine "slimy" feel to them. idk but for me theyr easier to backcomb how i like it.and i dont have trouble sealing. its the dry feeling stuff that i dont like.its a birch to work with.
I like Afelle and silky KK too. I does require a very different approach to back combing. I backcomb it up loosely and pull it apart many time's until it has a nappier texture. I love that it rat's up really tight but it can be a bitch to get the knots even.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”