Permanent Blonde Hair Dyes& John Frieda.. Opinions/Help?

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
PlasticHair

Permanent Blonde Hair Dyes& John Frieda.. Opinions/Help?

Post by PlasticHair » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Gunna be looking in about a weeks time to dye my hair permanent blonde, i've bleached my hair three times from black, did have to cut a lot of it off so it's just in a bob now D: suprisingly I don't mind just because my hair has been getting shorter and shorter and shorter due to dye.

Anyway, my hair is all blonde, some parts are platinum blonde, mainly underneath, and around roots. Most parts are a yellow blonde some a little darker than others, i'm planning on using my john frieda purple shampoo to get rid of as much of the yellowness.

The questions is can anyone reccommend a good hairdye which isn't too damaging, that will get my hair some form of pale blonde, i don't need it to be white blonde or anything. That will go over yellow-ish blonde.

Also does anyone know if I use my john frieda shampoo purple toner, or i've also got the yellow one which is a blonde hair lightener, will this still work with dye, or will it strip the dye?

Thanks
:D

ShadowThrone

Re: Permanent Blonde Hair Dyes& John Frieda.. Opinions/Help?

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:43 pm

You can keep toning it to pale blonde, you don't really need a (box?! if thats what you mean) dye on top of the bleach. You can use semi permanent to create different blondes, but if you want a pale blonde, you can either tone it with purple shampoo in type colours, or use a toner that you add a low strength peroxide to. Mines pale blonde and I use L'oreal purple shampoo, or the cheap superdrug toner after bleaching. When I've had it done at the salon, they use the pastelly dye after.

Awaiting confirmation from Lorny ;)

Also, this should probably be in styling and colour?!

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Yes it should be, i forgot where I should put it :3

I think i'm going to have to stay well away from bleach for a long time as i've done tooo much damage, but yeah you're right i'll stick with the purple toner for a while and see how that goes :)

Thanks chick

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:00 pm

If you use it frequently and leave it on a few mins each time, it will really take out the yellow :D

PlasticHair

Post by PlasticHair » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Yep, i think sometimes i don't leave it on for long enough! Not any longer than a minute which is probably why its working so slowly from my hair, but i've had a break from it for around a week, my hair has stopped falling out so it's probably time I can start using it again ^_^

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Eeeep, your poor hair! Get some protein treatments on it too :)

Miss Cydonia

Post by Miss Cydonia » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:32 pm

also, all hair dyes contain a small amount of peroxide in it, and the blonde box dyes especially contain a harsh bleach, so you might want to avoid putting that over bleached hair altogether

"the strength of us all could demolish a wall-
but you chose to walk through the door"

*Miss Cydonia-Muse fan since 1999 (keeper of the Arpeggios)*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:You can keep toning it to pale blonde, you don't really need a (box?! if thats what you mean) dye on top of the bleach. You can use semi permanent to create different blondes, but if you want a pale blonde, you can either tone it with purple shampoo in type colours, or use a toner that you add a low strength peroxide to. Mines pale blonde and I use L'oreal purple shampoo, or the cheap superdrug toner after bleaching. When I've had it done at the salon, they use the pastelly dye after.

Awaiting confirmation from Lorny ;)

Also, this should probably be in styling and colour?!
Yeah! Makes me shed tears when everyone is talking beautiful knowledge about hair. I feel like I've done the hair community some good. :lol:

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:47 pm

:lol: you have a lot more knowledge of the technical things! I only know from buggering about with my own hair. Although I have learned a lot more about the do nots since my own black to blonde adventure...cringey when I think what I did to my poor hair!

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:04 pm

The shampoo is ok for keeping it in check but as a toner itself its a little crappy!

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”