Don't know if this is right place, but REALLY need advice..

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
poxabomination

Don't know if this is right place, but REALLY need advice..

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 pm

Again, I'm new, I actually registered for this very reason, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong board, I'm not sure where this belongs. I need to know if I have a right to be suspicious and whether I was in the wrong posting a negative review on the page of a certain seller. This is going to be VERY long, and I apologize, but I'm at my wits end and I don't know where else to turn,

It started way back in November, when I wanted to buy a set of SE dreads from a seller. They were very helpful and we worked out a deal in just a few days and I paid them through paypal. It was only after I paid that I saw a few people on their facebook saying they hadn't recieved their dreads or recieved contact from the seller in a while, so I was a little nervous, but they had been soooo helpful and quick to respond I figured it was just a few isolated incidents. I was told the seller already had the two colors of hair they needed and that my dreads would be done and shipped to me in 2 weeks.
Well, days go by without any contact or update from the seller. I sent an email asking for an update. No answer for days. Then I am told "oh so sorry, I had a cold." Oh ok, thats fine, no problem, shit happens. Are they almost done? No response for days again. I send another email asking if they would post a picture of them on their website when they were finished. No reply for days. Then "oh sorry, the power was out, we're having storms." Okay, weird coincidence, whatever. Are they almost done? No answer for days and days and days. This goes on and on, with me sending very polite, understanding emails with no response. Then I was told they were shipped out! But, no tracking number, and after days go by and I still haven't recieved my package. Then after pestering the seller with emails I am told "I'll look into it, email you in the morning!" No email in the morning, no email for days. Finally I am told "Oh wow I missed a number in the zipcode it was sent back to the post office" And by now I'm pretty irritated but still very polite. Well, when are you resending them? Could you send them to my boyfriends adress instead? "Oh yes I'll do that for you I'll send them right away!" Days and days go by. "Hey when you send them can I get a tracking number this time?" And this is where it gets even weirder. I get sent a tracking number and the shipping status says "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on December 20, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. " So I asked the post and they said that basically means a shipping label was made but the package was never given to the post office. Okay, so maybe the post just didn't scan it right. Days go by with no shipping update and no email from the seller. I sent the seller ANOTHER email, "Hey the shipping status hasn't updated, is there something wrong?" and I get a "wow thats weird, I'll look into it!" Then nothing for days again. Just to clarify, this is the point where I was pissed and extremely suspicious and would have written a negative review. I posted on their facebook and got no answers there either. I tried every way I could to contact the seller. Then, I am told the seller had gotten ill and was in the hospital. Ok, I feel pretty bad now, like a huge douche. But wait a second, these issues started long before that happened. I was pretty ticked off, so I wrote a "buyer beware!" sort of review on their facebook (they have absolutely no place for reviews ont heir website.. hmmm) and multiple pretty angry sounding comments requesting a response from her; I said I wanted my dreads that I paid for or my money back and that you have essentially stolen my money, and I am tired of the excuses. She had plenty of time to take orders from other people, AND to delete all comments on her facebook page, but no time to email me or message me a response.
The final straw is when I recieved a notice from paypal about a week ago saying the same exact shipping status as before, only "December 20' was changed to 'March 3.' Which means, obviously, that my package was never sent out in december. Which is really weird, because she told me they were shipped out and should be here by now, and that she'd look into it. Seems to me that they "didn't get here by now" because they were never sent out to begin with. And if she still had the package, she knew it all along.
Yes, I admit my comments could have been politer, I didn't call names but I was extremely honest. I don't want to see other people go through this. And, to add to the whole 'hospitalization' excuse (which I don't doubt they were hospitalized and I truly do feel bad about it) I have been in contact with two other girls, one of which paid in april of last year and hadn't recieved any dreads or contact, and one who payed in july and still hadnt recieved their dreads or contact, so that excuse really doesnt hold water. PLUS, she used the "oops wrong zipcode" excuse on one of the other girls.
Do I have a right to be angry? I'm honestly struggling with being mad at someone who is sick, but my problems with her business happened before that, so I'm tyring to convince myself to not let it go. I've always let my compassion get the best of me and let people walk all over me, but I am now jobless and if she isnt going to send me my dreads I NEED my money back. She made excuses past the 45 day limit for paypal, so if you think I have a right to take action, what can I do to get my money back, if anything? :evil:
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

rivetlicker_

Re: Don't know if this is right place, but REALLY need advice..

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:52 pm

Write a bad review and say buyer beware. It's been long enough.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 pm

hey you! I have posted on her fb since then and its been deleted, I still feel really weird about posting it here, especially because she was reputable before :( I feel like people are gonna think I'm making it up because the other girls are either unwilling to come forward and one doesn't have english as their first language from what I can tell :/ Its like a raindrop in the ocean, yaknow?
But I guess I've got to do it.. what board is the right one for seller reviews?

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 am

One person can make a difference, but I suggest getting the others to come forward and join as well.
Just come forward :)
I know the story, so post it here: http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=109

She doesn't have any other threads, so you can start a new one :)

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 am

the deed is done :? I literally feel sick, all this pent up worrying and frustration and internal debating!

..::AtomicLox::..

Post by ..::AtomicLox::.. » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 am

You definitely have a right to be upset, and also to leave honest feedback. Clearly you're not being bitchy or malicious, and other potential buyers have a right to know what they may be getting in to.

*hugs* I know how you feel, I HATE confrontation. I can only say that as a seller, if I were really so ill as to not be able to complete an order, I would regretfully inform the purchaser and refund any money transferred. IMO that's just good business.
The mind and hands behind Imp And Petal dreads!

http://www.impandpetal.etsy.com
http://www.facebook.com/ImpAndPetal

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 am

thank you, it helps just giving my story and seeing other people reacting the same way. I mean, I hate hate HATE having to say anything negative about anyone, even if the transaction is shitty I try to find the good points too. I don't think there was any way to post a negative review without sounding bitchy :/ but I tried not to let my anger get the better of me. UGH. I have no job now and a puppy that has been off food and needs to go to the vet, and its killing me that I could at least have that taken care of even if I don't get the dreads I wanted.

MissPlastik

Post by MissPlastik » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 am

I'm polite like you too...i've had bad experiences too from people not sending things out to reciving kits with dreads missing to dirty items...

but i think, i order stuff online all the time and its only a tiny percentage that has gone wrong.

You did the right thing by posting a negative review, it will stop others being in the same boat as you :(

try not to let this bad experience put you off buying online, there are lots of great sellers.
just try and look into who you're buying off :)

xx

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”