Any hairdressers out there... advice please

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
miss chaotic

Any hairdressers out there... advice please

Post by miss chaotic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:15 am

Hey guys,
I'm applying for a hairdressing apprenticeship and i was wondering if any of you lovely ladies could help me.
Is there anything in particular that you would look for in an apprentice?
I'm making a portfolio to take in of work that i've done over the years which relates specifically to the work that they do in the salon.
i want to make the best impression possible, is there anything else i should know before i go in??
sometimes i think there's no reason to get out of bed...then i feel wet and realise there is!!

Lorny

Re: Any hairdressers out there... advice please

Post by Lorny » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Be confident and chirpy. Always big yourself up but don't lie- If they ask if you can do something don't pretend you can just to give yourself a better shot. Wear something smart/casual too, like a smart pair of trousers with a nice top or something. Errmm, there's not a lot else really when you're going for an apprenticeship! Oh, and if they tell you the wage don't umm and ahh there and then about it, tell them it's all great and then think about it when you get out. I imagine you're not expecting much anyway, what with it being apprenticeship in hairdressing. Minimum is £95 a week, so I imagine that's all you'll get but if you get more you're bloody lucky! :)

miss chaotic

Re: Any hairdressers out there... advice please

Post by miss chaotic » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:01 am

thanks lorny :)... no i don't expect much of a wage i'd be happy to do it for nothing if i get the chance.
sometimes i think there's no reason to get out of bed...then i feel wet and realise there is!!

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”