Best loose extension type for fine hair?

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Bomber

Best loose extension type for fine hair?

Post by Bomber » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't like wearing clip in wefts as no matter how I try and style my hair, my natural hair is so fine the wefts always show through.

Microrings and shrinkies seem to be less obvious, so I'd like to give them a go. I was just wondering which are less obvious, from people who've had more experience with them.

I've got incredibly soft hair as well, so I'm thinking shrinkies might hold better as well?

MrsEss

Re: Best loose extension type for fine hair?

Post by MrsEss » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Shrinkies probably. the great thing about them is they're clear.....or mine are anyway as I was (will get round to it eventually) gonna add some to the blue at the front of my head. I was gonna suggest weft & tape, but you've already said weft shows through.

Microring kits are DIRT cheap on ebay...you can get the pliers, rings & little tool to thread hair for a few quid. I got my heat gun for shrinkies from ebay too, for a tenner.

If you go with that I can send you some keratin glue & some shrinkies if you'd like? I have LOADS. (I'm pretty sure you won't need the glue though if you buy pre tipped hair)
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:44 am

When tipping the hair, is it basically a case of cutting it off the weft and using a keratin glue gun on the ends, and rolling it into the required shape?

how much weft would you need for a full head?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:10 am

yeah, that's right. It's pretty easy to do albeit messy.

the jury is out about how many for a full head.....I guess as with dreads it depends on how big your head is. some more info: http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... =60&t=2066
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 pm

So two packs of weft at about 100g each should be more than enough for about 14" long extensions according to that. My head's pretty tiny :lol:

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 pm

You can also buy prebond which is already tipped. The amount you will need depends on the brand, but usually 2-4 packages.

Here are some useful tutorials
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Shrinkies-hair/

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/linkies-hair/

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”