What type of dreads do you prefer?

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Rhaeniel

Re: What type of dreads do you prefer?

Post by Rhaeniel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 am

ShadowThrone wrote:I started off with colinette just braided in! and wooly falls which looked atrocious looking back. I then had Elysees and then some dread falls made. I've done so many looks now, massive undercut and foam and rexlace braided in, massive cyberlox falls, sometimes on top of dreads! :lol: big chunky dreads, huge hair in all sorts of colours...shame I lost all the pics from my old hard drive.

I still don't think I've found the perfect dreads for me. I don't wear them as often now. I loved the last naturals I wore, so I think more natural styles are more 'me' now. I have a hard time matching my blonde too. I'd love a good colour matched blonde, and maybe micro/skinny mid length dreads as I like to style them and my past dreads have mainly been too big. I'm not really into huge hair anymore either, so a set thats quite natural looking and sits well could rekindle my love affair with dreads. ;)

Seriously, try braided, felted colinette.. you can make them as skinny or as chunky as you want by just adding more strands in when you braid, and you can get all sorts of different colour blends. My blonde ones are gorgeous.. you can get undyed colinette too, which is a lovely natural sheepy blonde colour :D
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 am

I do like the look of your installs :D

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:55 am

^_^ ta.
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

oh good thread

I think I have worn nearly everything I can tie to my head. Ok maybe a slight exaggeration..but I've had rovings, thin twisty dreads, huge twisty dreads, huge puffy dreads, natural style thin and thick and medium, flat plastic, colinette, other misc wools (some was good, many was bad!) yarn wraps, some strange scratchy drying line plastic unraveled and braided in (that was a PITA!) hum...some pinchbraids (not enough patience to do more than accents) as well as all kinds of various wigs made from wool and synth

I haven't really worn extensions for at least a few years now, except for the mini accent kit I just made. I kind of miss it, but my hair is super long and full (past my bewbs, no undercut/hawk anymore) and I live in the middle of Sask, canada...so not much for hair stores and I feel a little conspicuous standing out :roll: I grew all my hair out planning to go pink again from virgin hair, so I'm planning on it soon (been blonde a few months now) and then once I'm pink being inconspicuous is kind of not an option anymore, so I'll probably go back to dreads again, at least partial installs. I think a haircut is in order, too much (real) hair! I can't control it, it tries to strangle me when I sleep :lol:

Now I currently prefer organic looking naturalish thinner dreads, although I love the work of LS seven, hibiscus' 'roots' natural kits and a lot of mememe, dreadstarmonster, and vixensings' work. I'm sure I'm forgetting names, but despite not being active in the hair world myself, I do keep my eyes on that show off board :D
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Microdreads! I love them <3

toxic trish

Post by toxic trish » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:43 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Microdreads! I love them <3
agreed I have noticed they feel better installed I am personally a big fan of partial install with falls etc and I am now venturing in to wigs and finding them fun but my favs have got to be either super skinny naturals synths, with a nice loose end or super squidgy wool :)
warning this post may/will contain bad spelling and lots of grammatical error's

well its shocking I AM MALE

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”