New steamer *happy dance!!!* and question...

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
starlotus

New steamer *happy dance!!!* and question...

Post by starlotus » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:00 pm

So I decided to go a little nuts with Paypal credit (I know, I know) and bought myself a Jiffy 4000 industrial steamer that I found a killer deal on Ebay for. HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS A BEAST! But I love it! I started dreading with it last night and it goes SO much faster, and although I can't figure out why exactly, my dreads are softer too. WIN! Just wanted to share because I was literally jumping up and down when it got here.

If anyone's looking for one, the seller "Allbrands" on Ebay has some good deals on various models. I figured it was worth forking out some money for since I'll probably never have to buy a new one after this because I seriously can't see it breaking like....ever.

So that brings me to my question: wtf do I do with my old steamer? I have a Conair Pro that I bought for $80 2 years ago and it still works super, only I can't really Ebay it because the nozzle had the end removed to make it easier to steam dreads and I lost it so it's pretty much useless for anything but dreading. I'm trying to hoist it off on one of my local dread-buddies, but no takers so far, and I don't even think I could sell it to someone non-local because the shipping would probably be pretty expensive. What do you guys do with your old steamers if they still work? I hate to throw it away when it's still useful, but it's just taking up space and I live in basically 2 rooms so space is kind of a commodity....suggestions (or if anyone wants this thing) welcome :)

And again: I LOOOOOOVE MY NEW STEAMER, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

IKickShins

Re: New steamer *happy dance!!!* and question...

Post by IKickShins » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm

I think you'd probably be able to find someone in the US who'd want it. Shipping wouldn't be too bad if you use USPS Parcel Post.. maybe around $20 or so. Priority gets crazy expensive when a package is bigger than 12x12x12" because they do balloon rates, but for Parcel Post, the higher rates don't start until the length+girth is over 84".
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

starlotus

Re: New steamer *happy dance!!!* and question...

Post by starlotus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks :) I actually found a friend who is just starting off making dreads (but showing mad talent) to buy it because she's had it with the boiling method. I'm glad I could pass it along to someone else who loves making dreads!

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”