Ideas please!

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
kayteereischke

Ideas please!

Post by kayteereischke » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:01 am

Hello! Heres my question.. About 6 months ago, I shaved my hair off to raise money for cancer. And being bald was fun while it lasted, but now I'm ready for some long hair again (My hair used to be down to my hips haha! )

My hair is about 2.5-3 inches long now. Is it possible to get extensions that would actually look normal? And without causing my wallet to explode?!

MrsEss

Re: Ideas please!

Post by MrsEss » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Yeah, If you go to the tutorial section DocLocks has a tute on how to install dreads into mega short hair - mine is about the same length as yours & I've use the short hair method successfully on more than one occasion :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 pm

kayteereischke wrote:Hello! Heres my question.. About 6 months ago, I shaved my hair off to raise money for cancer. And being bald was fun while it lasted, but now I'm ready for some long hair again (My hair used to be down to my hips haha! )

My hair is about 2.5-3 inches long now. Is it possible to get extensions that would actually look normal? And without causing my wallet to explode?!
Okay, no ideas, but I wanted to say: respect! I can only dream of having hip-long hair and the fact that you shaved it all off for cancer-fundraising...wow :shock:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 pm

when i install dreads, instead of bands like a lot of peeps use i always use wool when im braiding it in, and this works perfectly with mega short hair cos you can wrap it round at the base to secure it and therefore round any ppokies too
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

kayteereischke

Post by kayteereischke » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Okay!! thank you for the ideas! now heres another bit of a question.
I work as a lifeguard/swim instructor. Thus, I am in the water 4-5 days a week. haha
Would these ideas be waterproof?!

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Dreads aren't waterproof. However, there's a link somewhere for a swimcap for long/dreaded hair.

I wouldn't recommend roving as that can take HOURS to dry & you could end up smelling like sheep
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

kayteereischke

Post by kayteereischke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Dreads aren't waterproof. However, there's a link somewhere for a swimcap for long/dreaded hair.

I wouldn't recommend roving as that can take HOURS to dry & you could end up smelling like sheep
mmm.. sheep.. lol
what does 'roving' mean?

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:14 am

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

justapuppetonastring

Post by justapuppetonastring » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 pm

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yeah, If you go to the tutorial section DocLocks has a tute on how to install dreads into mega short hair - mine is about the same length as yours & I've use the short hair method successfully on more than one occasion :D
You also used this on me =) and have had no problems at all xx

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

I did indeed :D

Decimation Fashion
Tumblr

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”