What Can I Do and Where Do I stand ??

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
vanessa.elliott1987

What Can I Do and Where Do I stand ??

Post by vanessa.elliott1987 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:02 am

Hiya i really dont know what to do - i did a micro ring strand hair extension course through - Extend Hair in Birmingham and i am extreamly dissapointed as i paid £400.00 + £180.00 travel to do this course which i saved up for and when i got them she told me that we wouldnt be training in a proper training room we would just be doing it at her home as there was only me been trained- She then had no mannequin heads to do the training so we spent 2 hours driving around Birmingham looking for one.

Once we had getting the head we then went back to her home where she showed me for about an HOUR in total !!! - How to put the micro rings in and how to section the hair - THAT IS ALL SHE SHOWED ME !!

I did not learn how to colour match, colour blend, move micro rings up, how to remove them, cut the hair extensions etc !!

I then got my certificate and a booklet more about it and my training kit and that is it !! a whole hour of quick training !!

I have been doing them on clients when i got back home using the screw thread type with the micro loop already attached and about 9 of my customers and lost loads in the last couple of weeks of having them in !! and 2 of my clients hairs all the extensions have fallen out !! I am so upset as i dont know what to do as i think i have been only shown the basics for the amount of money i paid ! and have no idea how to cut the extensions !! which a lot of my clients would like me to do !!

I have now ordered only the silicone lined micro rings and the stick tip hair to see if they are better using the normal method with the threading needle instead as i am so dissapointed as it has cost me a fortune sorting peoples hair out !

Please help with regards to them fallen out and the slippage issue, also can i do anything with regards to the poor company Extend Hair's training? as i have already emailed her to say i am not happy and i have had NO REPLY !!!

Any help would be great thanks :( x

hellcity

Re: What Can I Do and Where Do I stand ??

Post by hellcity » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:08 am

Wow. I'm no help at all since I'm in Australia, but that really sucks. That sounds like a total rort to me. I hope you have some recourse to get some of your money back :(
I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff... and I want in. - Homer Simpson

blog + violet.crime design facebook + personal facebook

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

No offence, but isn't this like the 5th time you've posted this thread?

Miss_Panda

Post by Miss_Panda » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I would get back in contact and ask for your money back. Before you paid for this training did it not say what would be covered in the training? if it didn't you should of found out first before paying this person or when you was on this training course at the time you should of said to them there and then that you want to no these other things. Tbh you sound like you have been majored ripped off, you could of learned what they taught you on youtube for free :shock:

I do not see how they can give you a certificate and say your fully trained when you only learned the basics..for one it's not fair on you or your potential clients as it's going to make you look like a bad stylist and give you a bad reputation.

Something to consider next time before going on another course or any in fact..make sure you ask as many questions as possible to find out what will be taken part through the course. If they say they will go through it at the start of the course take your money else were.
Miss Panda - Paint The World In Neon Colours

The Black and White Army = Panda "Salute me Solider"

harlequin

Post by harlequin » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:13 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:No offence, but isn't this like the 5th time you've posted this thread?
this.

At the end of the day, if you are not confident doing extensions, then you cant offer them to paying clients regardless if you had a one day training course or not. So id suggest again that you watch videos, and practice on non paying customers until all the basics of hair extensions sink in and you are confident with them, and confident they wont fall out.

Looking at the website it does appear you were ripped off somewhat, as it does say that they teach you how to blend etc. But also this was only a one day course, andon ly so much can be learnt in one day.

Try ringing them instead of emailing your complaint, that way they cant just ignore it or 'forget' to get back to you. They appear to be a company, so ask to speak to the person in charge/manager.

Write down what you are going to say so you dont get flustered.
But i would never email a complaint, put it in writing yes, in a letter, which should be sent after a phonecall to the manager/supervisor of the company.

Im not sure what else to suggest, except to not do hair extensions unless you are more confident of their outcome. I say this because if you keep doing hair extensions and they keep slipping/falling out, your customers will a) not come back, and b) tell their friends that your hair isnt up to scratch/worth paying for, which will ruin your reputation as a professional hair extensionist and so when you have gotten over the issues then people wont come to you anyway because of the initial problems.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, or i have worded it harshly, i dont mean to cause offence. But you have asked many times before about how to stop slippage and people have answered. Practice is all thats needed. Use the free tutorials on the internet and save your cash.

It seems like you may have to chalk this one down to life experience and move on if you cant get your money back. Its always worth checking sites out like this one for extensions etc. before you part with any money for courses, as alot of the basic stuff can be self taught for free, then you could go straight in with the advanced course if you are set on getting a certificate from someone.

Just my opinion, hopefully it hasnt caused offence.

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”