An easy way to make foam falls - Kitty boguls (meebee3)

Forum rules
1) Clearly label your title
2) Add 'VID' to your title is there is a video/ Youtube link
That is it- easy peasy!
IKickShins

An easy way to make foam falls - Kitty boguls (meebee3)

Post by IKickShins » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:33 am

Originally posted on Hevenly Hair by Kitty boguls (meebee3).

First i get out all my materials and prepare them.(all my foam comes from the uk store boyes or from craft depot who give discount the more you buy) I cut my foam into strips and pin a strong piece of elastic down to the table stretched out.
I then take strips of different coloured foam and put them together in kind of a stepped effect.
Then you wrap one end of the foam around the elastic and secure with glue or with an elastic band. The shorter sections should be on top which gives a layered effect.
For one strip of elastic i normally use 10 - 15 sections. This pic shows short pieces of foam.
You can repeat this process with longer pieces of foam and rexlace on a seperate elastic to create another layer which can be then worn underneath the shorter one.( excuse my head, she took a tumbe and so is missing a nose)
One layer....
Two layers...
You can also use card punchers to punch out shapes with which to decorate your foam or use small crystals, bows or sequins.
U can also add thin stripes of other colours or patterns using more foam, a marker pen or metallic inks.
Rexlace can be knotted in between the foam strips for extra body or cyberlox / pvc tubing or dreads can also be fastened in between by folding it over the elastic and securing with a rubber band or small cable ties.
This technique can also be used for larger foam and other materials.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam & Mixed Media”