Big 'loose' hair falls - any advice?

Mwezzi

Big 'loose' hair falls - any advice?

Post by Mwezzi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 am

I'm currently trying to make one or two large 'warlock' hair falls, similar in kind to the ones that can be bought from hairfromhell.com (images here). Basically, I'm trying to recreate the look of hair that's been crimped/backcombed to get that large height and volume, because I don't want to have to keep doing this to my real hair. I have two questions:

1) How would you go about permanently creating that 'frizzy/fluffy' texture? (I've currently got kanekalon jumbo braid, but if you have any suggestions for a better hair to use then please post them too!)

2) What's the best way to attach these to the ties? I want to make these as secure as possible.

rivetlicker_

Re: Big 'loose' hair falls - any advice?

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:58 am

Human hair!
It can be styled like your own hair. It is a bit pricey though.
There's a pretty neat tutorial on how to make loose falls on clips in the loose falls tut section, only after the falls are made, crimp the hair and brush it out for maximum frizz.

If you wish to use kk jumbo braid, it generally will tangle very easily, but will achieve massive volume.
Last edited by rivetlicker_ on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:00 am

Kanekalon Jumbo Braid (KK) is the right stuff to have. Now as far as attaching them to elastics, I would not suggest that. I better method is to attach it to jaw clips. Going on jaw clips makes the hair poof up a lot more, in my opinion. Try this tut: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=385

I've also moved your post out of the "Tutorials" section because this is not a place to ask questions--if you have questions go to the Technique and Discussion section.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:16 am

Kanekalon jumbo braid is best. The key is cutting it so that it doesn't look weird and chunky.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:36 am

To me, it looks like she's gotten a few packs of KK jumbo, attached them to something (I'd suggest jaw clips) and then cut it a bit to give volume. She's probably backcombed it a bit to make the colours blend together.

I really like these falls... I might have a go with making them.
More human than human

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:13 am

oh my god I can't believe what they are charging for these! These are the same as my unbackcombned banshee falls and I charged nothing like that much! I charged £17 for a long pair!

All it is is KK blended and attached to make a fall, nothing hard in that. The KK is naturally crimped in look. They have blended very well, but you could re-create this easily :)

I used to seciton mine into several mini looped sections with a mini elastic and thread them onto elastic to maek a fall.Really easy.

Though I am not trading at the moment, have a look at my website for banshee falls, if you backcomb them and hit them with a ton of hairspracy they get even wilder :) I have been making them for years and years and they were one of my best sellers :)
http://www.littlepinkfaery.co.uk

digitalpussi

Post by digitalpussi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:18 pm

I think the best thing would be to just buy some jumbo KK and make some falls yourself.
If you're bent on using HH then you might be able to get a way with non remy hair, since you want it big and fluffy.
Cheaper HH tangles easily which might work in in your favor if you want a fluffy backcombed look. Although, if you want to be able to comb it out again to make it straight and sleek then you should definitely think about investing in some silky straight remy/remi grade HH.

Check out this thread about the dread removal fro's.
You could always tightly braid some HH leave it for a day or so, and brush it would so it's super frizzy and fluffy.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2356&p=83849&hilit=fro#p83849

theboythatspins

Post by theboythatspins » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 am

I agree with everyone above for the extensions. But if you wanted to do this to your hair for a special occasion or one day just think hmmm I want full crimp poofy hair then I suggest the night before the day you want the style to wash/condition hair and while hair is wet run some mousse or gel (make sure it does not get really crunchy!) and braid your hair while wet! If you want really crimpy and really big hair then I suggest small braids (can take some time but its worth it). If you want just crimpy, semi-poofy hair just make some sharpie sized braids. sleep on them! By the morning they should be dry and then take them out, and brush your hair. Don't over brush and go slow, if you go to fast or over brush you get an afro which is way more than those falls. Hope I helped, I do this sometimes <3

-theboythatspins

tazzyface

Post by tazzyface » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 am

theboythatspins wrote:I agree with everyone above for the extensions. But if you wanted to do this to your hair for a special occasion or one day just think hmmm I want full crimp poofy hair then I suggest the night before the day you want the style to wash/condition hair and while hair is wet run some mousse or gel (make sure it does not get really crunchy!) and braid your hair while wet! If you want really crimpy and really big hair then I suggest small braids (can take some time but its worth it). If you want just crimpy, semi-poofy hair just make some sharpie sized braids. sleep on them! By the morning they should be dry and then take them out, and brush your hair. Don't over brush and go slow, if you go to fast or over brush you get an afro which is way more than those falls. Hope I helped, I do this sometimes <3

-theboythatspins
That's a really good idea! Thank you for this :D
More human than human

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:13 am

Can you make these falls with 100% Synthetic Jumbo braid too? I'd love a pair! :)
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 pm

cyberloxshop wrote:Can you make these falls with 100% Synthetic Jumbo braid too? I'd love a pair! :)
Yeah, it's a bloody great way to get rid of that extra PP fibre you have ;)
Do mind that it will look less natural and annoyingly shiny.

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:40 pm

theboythatspins wrote:I agree with everyone above for the extensions. But if you wanted to do this to your hair for a special occasion or one day just think hmmm I want full crimp poofy hair then I suggest the night before the day you want the style to wash/condition hair and while hair is wet run some mousse or gel (make sure it does not get really crunchy!) and braid your hair while wet! If you want really crimpy and really big hair then I suggest small braids (can take some time but its worth it). If you want just crimpy, semi-poofy hair just make some sharpie sized braids. sleep on them! By the morning they should be dry and then take them out, and brush your hair. Don't over brush and go slow, if you go to fast or over brush you get an afro which is way more than those falls. Hope I helped, I do this sometimes <3

-theboythatspins
i think i mite do this with my loose kk hair but seal them then un braid them yup i think they would look lovely :i2:

cyberloxshop

Post by cyberloxshop » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:51 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:
cyberloxshop wrote:Can you make these falls with 100% Synthetic Jumbo braid too? I'd love a pair! :)
Yeah, it's a bloody great way to get rid of that extra PP fibre you have ;)
Do mind that it will look less natural and annoyingly shiny.

Sorry Lara, I'd only just seen this!

Well I have a pile of synth braid, so I think I might just give it a go and make a pair.

When I am graced with the time of course......

I can see how cutting them right could be an issue, especially with contrasting colours. Will post pics when I'm through. :)
http://www.Cyberloxshop.co.uk - Hair supplies & Cyberlox galore!
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cyberloxshop - come say hi!
We love fake hair, bright colours and everything cyber! :D Oh and, lots of creating!

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”