Newbie needs micro ring advice!

joflakes

Newbie needs micro ring advice!

Post by joflakes » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Hello all,

I'm going to post in the introductions forum as well but thought I would get right down to it!

I'm having a consultation for micro ring extensions to be installed tomorrow, and I'm not sure what I should be looking/asking about?!

Some background - I have a grown out pixiemullet (my fond name!) which is 4.5 ish inches all round. This SHOULD be long enough, right?

Also how long should they last etc...all the newbie type questions I need answering.

It's a lot of money to spend so I just want to arm myself as best I can, I've had wefts sewn in and glued in, had double-ended dreads but never this and never with such short hair!

Thanks so much
Jo

NirvanaMarie

Re: Newbie needs micro ring advice!

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:24 pm

4.5 inches is still a bit short, you can get them in, but it will take a bit to hide them, especially if your hair is light.

No extensions should be left in the hair longer than 3 months.

Check out some of our tutorials, they will help you get a solid idea on what you are looking for.
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Li ... Tutorials/

joflakes

Post by joflakes » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:22 am

doclocksinfo wrote:4.5 inches is still a bit short, you can get them in, but it will take a bit to hide them, especially if your hair is light.

No extensions should be left in the hair longer than 3 months.

Check out some of our tutorials, they will help you get a solid idea on what you are looking for.
http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Li ... Tutorials/
Thanks for the reply. My hair is dark, fortunately. I am not sure whether or not I'm thinking of a full head or just some on the sides to try to make my mullet more of a bob! We'll see. I've already checked out the tutorial and spent ages on the web last night looking at success and horror stories alike so I guess the only thing to do is have the appointment!

joflakes

Post by joflakes » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:34 am

Just another quick thought, is there any other type of human hair extension you'd recommend for such short hair? I know it is all going to be a bit tough at this length!

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”