Full Sew-In on Caucasian Hair?

xdnyhair

Full Sew-In on Caucasian Hair?

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:28 am

Do any of you have experience with or know anything about full sew-in weaves on caucasian hair? I'm really curious about getting one done, but I don't really know how it'll look or affect my hair. I've seen some really cool ones with middle parts that I'd love to try... I just want something cool to do with my hair while the bleach damage is growing out!

But my hair is relatively thin, so that's the only thing I'm worried about. Tell me what you know! I'm considering putting up an ad on Craigslist to see if there's anybody who could do it for me but I'd like to hear if you've got any stories first. Thanks!

NirvanaMarie

Re: Full Sew-In on Caucasian Hair?

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 pm

You may want to consider wigs. Unfortunately extension systems rely on your own hair, and if your hair is fragile right now, it may cause more breakage and damage.

xdnyhair

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks for your reply. I guess my issue with my damaged hair isn't that it's fragile (it starts breaking after my shoulders, but it's not that bad), it's that it's ugly. I'd imagine that the braids used to keep the extensions in place would only put stress on the roots of my hair, which are healthy - so that part shouldn't be a problem, right?

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:30 am

I always suggest clients wash and deep condition their own hair before a sew in. Caucasian hair can be built with the synthetic braid hair, many use for dreads.

The natural hair is corn rowed ( type of braid) a style that places the braid close to the scalp. The synthetic hair is braided along with ones own hair.

Using the synthetic braid hair to build your braid will create a firm foundation in which to sew the weft on. Some may need to spritz the braid with a holding spray, before sewing on the wefted hair.

Once installed you can shampoo & condition your hair& extensions be sure to spritz your braids again after shampooing this will frim up your foundation ( braid). Which will enable you to wear your extensions longer.

Building your braid helps to protect your natural hair

Sew -in extensions and wigs are the best route to take for natural hair recovery.

If you have more questions feel the liberty to ask

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”