Too many good methods!

YumBerry

Too many good methods!

Post by YumBerry » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm currently trying to decide between a few different methods that I've researched. All of these methods have really good feedback which is why it's so hard to choose!

I'm in between installs after having an 18 inch wavy indian remy microlink weave install. I loved the microlink weave but I like to wear my hair up often and section it etc and the weave wasn't the best for that. So because I like so much movement, so to say, in my hair - a single point extension method is necessary.

My main concern is that I don't want it to show (don't we all?) I don't mind if the attachment point is visible, as long as it's unnoticeable to the untrained eye. I have natural off black/dark brown hair which makes it easy for disguising the attaching point of any of these methods but the method needs to be quite sturdy since I'm a dork and go-go on the weekends so it needs to withstand some serious hair flipping!

I've narrowed it down to 3 options -
- silicone lined microlinks - preferably using trumpet tubes or "thin locs" near the crown of my head and other visible areas
- shrinkies
- or pinch braiding either sealed by shrinkie or linkie, or using a small strand of synthetic hair heat sealed to form a bond around the braid (this method would also be preferred as micro pinch braids)

My next install will hopefully be about 22'' wavy with jet black being the bottom layer graduating to a deep wine/burgundy color at the top with purple accents starting in the black area up to red accents/highlights in the burgundy area. (Think of the beautiful purple/wine wavy dreads by Beautiful.Mess as a color example)

So now that I've bored you with this unnecessarily detailed post, what method would you lovely educated members here recommend for me?

P.S. I definitely plan on posting the finished install after! I'm extra excited for the accent colors because I'll be experimenting with the Dylon fabric dyes!

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: Too many good methods!

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:05 pm

From my experience, micro rings would be the best. They are more forgiving if you mess up because they are so easy to install and remove, and you don't have to worry about any reside or heat. Pinch braiding is good too, however shrinkies leaves a residue. I have never seen them done when they were not all over, but I would imagine it would be more visible if one were too peek out. Good luck!
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:17 am

Linkies are great or extend tubes. Silicone lined ones are a bit thicker in diameter and would show easier. Shrinkies are also VERY popular. And the residue comes out very easily with orange oil :)

theextensionist

Post by theextensionist » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:20 pm

To be honest if you are concerned about them showing I would go for shrinkies or pre-bonded because these are transparent and the bonds are extremely small. While micro-rings are great as they use no heat or glue, they are larger and I have tried all methods and they do show more, especially in thin hair.
Last edited by halocaustic on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed - advertising

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”