Colour dipped human hair

brittone05

Colour dipped human hair

Post by brittone05 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi :D

I am hoping to find either a supplier or someone who can offer me a tutorial on how to create brown stick tip human hair extensions that fade to/ are dipped at the bottom with a funky colour ( either vivid red or electric blue at present )

I am training to fit extensions at the end of the month and already have someone who would like their extensions done as a model to aid with my training.

She would probably be around a 6 or 8 shade in brown but definitely wants it funky.

Could I bleach it and then use the dylon method for dying off the site or can it be bought ready coloured :D

Thanks in advance xxx

IKickShins

Re: Colour dipped human hair

Post by IKickShins » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:52 pm

You can bleach it, but it might not be as effective as bleach would be on normal hair (unless of course you're using virgin hair). Also, since most human hair extensions go through a lot of processing before being packaged, the damage from the bleach may be more severe or noticeable. Make sure to do a strand test before risking a whole pack of hair :)

I've never tried bleaching out the tips of brown extensions, but I've done black before just to see how light it would go and after 3 tries, the lightest it got was orange.

The second color from the top is what it looked like after being bleached (all of the others are dyed over the orange):

Another option would be to start out with blonde and use dye for the brown part. You can do that by laying the extensions out on something flat (cardboard, clip board covered in foil, etc) and painting the colors on with a tint brush. I find it easiest to start at the bottom and work my way up.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

brittone05

Re: Colour dipped human hair

Post by brittone05 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Fab - thanks so much Ikickshins :D

The red and orange on the hair in your pic are the main colours I would be looking to do but also electric blue which, as you say may be easier to do from blonde.

I do have some virgin Remy hair here on a weft that I can play with with some blue - I only have a Directions colour here at the moment but plan on using the Dylon method if I can.

It is odd because despite using synthetic hair for braids for such a long time, I still don't feel 100% confident, have never been able to box braid and have never even tried heat sealing curls and stuff!!

This evening, I have sat with some dark brown, pink and lilca Kanekalon and have done box braiding following a tut here and have done some cute little brown and pink braid which are spiral curls on the botom using boiling water :d Am actually quite proud of myself as iam still a total and utter amateur compared to everyone here!! x

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”