microrings/linkies cracking?

fairytale

microrings/linkies cracking?

Post by fairytale » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 pm

Well I finally have my linkie extensions and i love them , the only issue is this, after bending them/closing them the colour on the outside
which is a dark brown I decided to buy in the end, has started to crack and almost peel off on some,revealing the silver colour undeneathe,I am using the silicone lined ones.
Is this normally an issue? I bought them off ebay, should I complain? or is this just what happens?
And, if it is not the norm then can someone suggest a decent UK seller of linkies/micro rings on and off ebay.

thanks

NirvanaMarie

Re: microrings/linkies cracking?

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Did you use flat closures? If you used ones that are ridged it can cause the outside to look cracked. If you used flat ones, then this shouldn't happen.

fairytale

Post by fairytale » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:45 pm

right ok,so thats the difference as to why there are openers and closesures,i bought a pack which was apparently specialy for
linkies, but the pliers are ridged so :(

thank you :)

ReginaldLovesMavis

Post by ReginaldLovesMavis » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 am

It could also be poor quality beads/crimp.
A lot of the stuff off eBay (that comes from China mostly) is low quality, which is why it's so cheap.

So it could be a combination of things, but I'd say poor quality and the pliers/closures would be main contributing factors.
"Do it well, leave something witchy." - Charles Manson.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”