Hair extensions are so knotty!

Clayre1982

Hair extensions are so knotty!

Post by Clayre1982 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi

Can you help me, I have real hair extensions (about 22 inches) in my hair, they were blonde but I went to the salon to get all my hair dyed a hazelnut brown - which is lovely. However, my hair gets so knotty! I got these extensions about a month ago to replace the ones which were in before (I had that lot in for about 3months as well) the last lot got knotty really easily as well. I dont even have to DO anything, they just get knotty without even moving! These are meant to last 6 months but I cant se how they will as I end up using a tangle teaser to undo the knots which unfortunately just means the hair gets pulled out anyway!

I wash my hair about every 4 days as it doesnt naturally get greasy, I use a shampoo & a deep conditioner on my hair (esp the extensions which are the knotty bits) I use a heat protecting spray before blow drying AND a serum as well. I straighten in after blow drying but I dont frazzle it. But its to no use, it is knotty within a few hours. I sleep with it in a plait as well to minimise the knots but it doesnt really help!

I dont know if its the hard water in my area but even when I wash it elsewhere it also goes knotty and it is starting to get ridiculous - it loks like a birds nest!

Please help me!

Thanks, Clayre

NirvanaMarie

Re: Hair extensions are so knotty!

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:55 pm

What brand of hair do you have in? Some hair just takes more work than other. You may have over conditioned them if you are doing a deep condition every 4 days. This will cause them to tangle much faster. What hair brush are you using?

Clayre1982

Post by Clayre1982 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:21 am

They are Remi (Remy?) Goddess....I have a tangle teaser and a flat paddle brush...

I ordered some conditioner for hair extensions so will give that a go....

Thanks, Clayre

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

I would suggest getting an extension brush. The brush you use can cause damage and tangles as well. I would also suggest that you clarify the hair, then use either Redken or Morroccan Oil brand shampoo and conditioner. From there use a serum to flat iron them. This will improve the quality a bit. Once you have degraded the quality with improper care, there really isn't a way to get them as good as new.

Clayre1982

Post by Clayre1982 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:10 am

Ok, thats great - thanks I will try those. Really appreciate your help.

Clayre :)

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:58 pm

It is not uncommon to experience a bad pack of hair from a company that otherwise produces great hair. From my experience there is no remedy for knotty hair. Especially the type that crawls & bunches without movement it is simply a bad pack. You have done nothing to cause this and I can't think of anything that would help it.

ScottSMH

Post by ScottSMH » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 am

Trouble is Remy hair is often branded on a pack of hair extensions that only has a blend. Remy Hair will not tangle and knot after washing, where as processed human hair will as the silicone that covers the cuticle fades and causes knotting. We sell remy blend, but we do not brand it as "Remy" as it is false advertising.

Like diva said, no real remedy, but good luck!

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 am

Scott, How refreshing of you to be candid about a fact many hair shop owners conceal. Premium blends are all the rage
and work quite well if you know it is a blend and how to manage it. I'd like to invite all to visit my blog where I talk about hair & wigs. I will continue to post here. I find this site very, very interesting. http://strandzofadiva.wordpress.com

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”