Clip-in synthetic extensions

Summerlily22

Clip-in synthetic extensions

Post by Summerlily22 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 am

I have clip-in hair. They're synthetic. I'm afraid to wash them. They get knotted easily, but they need to be washed. They have loose curls at the end and I really don't want to lose the curls. Should I put curlers in them while they dry? Idk what to do lol

Also, I have really thin hair. You can always see the clips. I tend to tie my natural hair half up so I can hide them but I want to wear my extensions without having to always put my hair up. What's a good way to hide the clips?

CherryLex

Re: Clip-in synthetic extensions

Post by CherryLex » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 pm

As for the washing I'm no help, I make my own clipin's out of synthetic hair and once they get too funky I throw the hair out and make new ones.
As for hiding your own hair I use headbands or goggles just like I would with dread falls.
HTH
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 pm

they shouldnt loose their curl after washing. but if they do you can just put them on curlers and steam them. try wearing them a little lower down to hide the clips. also, when i wore clip ins i would tease the section i was clipping them too slightly before putting them in. it gives them better hold and helps to hide them

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:54 am

iddylove wrote:twhen i wore clip ins i would tease the section i was clipping them too slightly before putting them in. it gives them better hold and helps to hide them
This is what I do, and you can tease the section over the clip too.

As for washing, don't rub them when washing and they shouldn't tangle too much. The curl should stay in.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”