Can i remove micro-ring hair extensions myself?

Emmaz

Can i remove micro-ring hair extensions myself?

Post by Emmaz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Hey Guys :D

I have micro-ring hair extensions in my hair used to put in a hair weft. The hairdresser wants 35 pounds to remove them and i cant really afford it as a student. Can i remove the micro-rings myself using plyers? I get the impression all you have to do is push them open with the plyers.. would it ruin my hair if i got my mum to do it?

Thanks

Emma :)

rivetlicker_

Re: Can i remove micro-ring hair extensions myself?

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Yes you can! I put in micro ring extensions sometimes and always take them out myself. Just remember not to pull if the ring has not released properly. Also, don't be scared if you lose a bit of hair too. It's just what has shed whilst you have had your micro rings in :)

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Just be careful if you are using regular pliers, it is very easy to mangle the beads and get them stuck. You could pick up an opener tool and get them out yourself no problem!

starlight

Post by starlight » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Be careful not to fold the rings in half instead of opening them, I did that on a couple of mine last time and had to cut those ones out, oops.. I recommend getting someone else to do it for you who has a better view of what they're doing!

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 pm

You should be able to do it, I normally can, just make sure the ring is open enough so that you don't pull your hair out
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

slaaneshque

Post by slaaneshque » Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 am

You absolutely can remove them yourself--I just took out a microrings install this morning with no problems. I have an opener, but I usually just use the pliers-like end, not the circle-holes, to pop the rings open and I've never had any trouble. Good luck!

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

i always install and take mine out myself. but of course, if your mom or a friend is willing to help for the back of your head, it will make it easier :)

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”