Marley Braid KK hair - anyone ever used this?

cancankant

Marley Braid KK hair - anyone ever used this?

Post by cancankant » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:45 pm

I am attempting to locate KK locally in 613 to no avail. I may just break down and order it, but I have run across a product I think might work for me. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Marley braid hair (usually used for kinky twist styles) to make either loose falls or actual steam sealed dreads. The local hair emporium has this in 613. It's a bit pricier than the KK, but I wouldn't have to pay extra for shippping.

Any thoughts on this product? I actually like the look of the hair 'loose' as well, so it might be a winner. :D

IKickShins

Re: Marley Braid KK hair - anyone ever used this?

Post by IKickShins » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:07 pm

Is it Black N Gold? I haven't used it before, but I've heard good things about their kinky braids being used for dreads
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 pm

ikickshins wrote:Is it Black N Gold? I haven't used it before, but I've heard good things about their kinky braids being used for dreads
Not sure on the brand. I recently found a couple of "urban beauty supply" stores in the area and while they have tons of gorgeous stuff, they don't stock a heck of a lot of KK. It's a hair wonderland to be sure, though. I went with my husband and he was a bit baffled by the whole experience to say the least. The attitude was a bit like, "People sew/glue this stuff to their hair? Odd." :lol:

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Haha. I just had a conversation with my boyfriend today about where human hair comes from. He seemed a bit disturbed that I walk around with stuff on my head that someone else grew ;P
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:50 am

Off topic, but in reply to using human hair...

People will kill a cow for its hide, but not wear human hair extensions?

Or it's just like, you kiss a person, you share saliva, but if they drool all over you, you get grossed out?

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:34 am

Okay, now I have gotten off base...I won't wear leather, but MIGHT wear human hair extensions. I'm vegan, so it's iffy terrority. :) There's the "Where did your hair come from" debate, which is disturbing in part.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:39 pm

I use Marley braid just as it comes out of the package. It's really neat, kinky, fuzzy type dreads. They're very lightweight and are pretty sturdy because I believe they're pre-backcombed to a degree. Once my falls start to get fuzzy I take 'em apart, trim them and sometimes cut them in half to make shorter sets. They last aaages.
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 pm

I used it many times to make loose falls- you have to be careful with it as it gets ragged quickly, but if you look after them then it is fine :) I found it really hard to get hold of!

cancankant

Post by cancankant » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 pm

Here in Wisconsin, it seems to be the exact opposite. All the stores cater to a darker haired clientele, and really don't stock a lot of blonde hair (except for human hair products). All the braid stuff is dark colored hair. I was happy to see it and thought it looked neat. I like kinky twist styles, too, but I'm too cheap to get someone to do it for me!
littlepinkfaery wrote:I used it many times to make loose falls- you have to be careful with it as it gets ragged quickly, but if you look after them then it is fine :) I found it really hard to get hold of!

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”