Installation help?

cybernetikdreams

Installation help?

Post by cybernetikdreams » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:06 pm

I am not sure if this is in the right section so sorry if the mods have to move it. :oops:

I need some helpful tips with installation. I have installed a couple of full sets they never seem to be "tight" enough up at the top of my head. The dreads at the top of my head don't appear as "natural" as the ones in the back on the sides. There seems to be more hair showing instead of just the dread. If that helps with my horrible description. The dread is tight and doesn't flop but is it a simple solution of adding more dreads for a fuller looking install?

Thanks!
Honestly I should be working...

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Installation help?

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:36 pm

it does sound like you are using sections that are too big- how many dreads are you putting in for your whole head?

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm

I am putting in around 50 or so.

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 pm

hmm sounds like enough- are they SE or DE? You got pics?

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 pm

They are DEs and unfortunately I don't have pics since currently I can only have installs during the weekend due to work. :oops:

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:21 pm

I do smaller sections around the hairline and partings - smaller sections will eliminate the problem you are talking about. Then I do larger sections in the middle at the back that will be hidden underneath the top layer of dreads.

Maybe you are accidentally doing the reverse. Or maybe you just have a larger than average head and need more than 50 sections
telling it like it is!

cybernetikdreams

Post by cybernetikdreams » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:40 pm

MissAnthropik wrote:I do smaller sections around the hairline and partings - smaller sections will eliminate the problem you are talking about. Then I do larger sections in the middle at the back that will be hidden underneath the top layer of dreads.

Maybe you are accidentally doing the reverse. Or maybe you just have a larger than average head and need more than 50 sections
Thanks for the suggestion! I think that when if I have enough time to do braids this weekend I will start around the hairline and part first and with the smaller sections and work my way back instead of doing the back first.

If that doesn't work I will have to add more so it will cover my head. :lol:

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”