Help with Harlequins!

MaliceInWonderland

Help with Harlequins!

Post by MaliceInWonderland » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:14 pm

Ok..having some issues I'm wondering if you can help me with..I tried posting this under the harlequinn tutorial, but no luck, so I figured I'd try here. When I make my harlequins...when I steam them...It always looks pinched in the middle..like you can tell it's two loops..it doesn't smooth out in the middle the way a regular DE does.. ...does that make any sense? I tried backcombing a bit more and still looks that way...any advice to help out would be appreciated! Thanks!
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

IKickShins

Re: Help with Harlequins!

Post by IKickShins » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Do you have any pictures?
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

MaliceInWonderland

Post by MaliceInWonderland » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 pm

No my digi died..but I'll try to get some with my phone and post them..they should come out clear enough.. :(
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

zaahn

Post by zaahn » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:15 pm

Have you tried not sealing it as tightly as the rest of the dread? I've never come across this problem personally, all I do is backcomb two extra skinny DEs like normal (not leaving a thin bit for them to bend in the middle as usual though) then fold over each other, backcomb a bit more, twist and seal.
http://www.zaahndreads.co.uk - Dedicated to bringing you high quality synthetic dreads for over 10 years.

http://www.katiestainer.co.uk - Contemporary origami jewellery and accessories.

Seraphina

Post by Seraphina » Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm facing the same problem. But what I had done is that I fold the two pieces and then backcomb each side. I never thought to make two separate dreads and then fold them, as always when I have done really skinny dreads they tend to have much more fuzz and loops. Also they usually come out much shorter?
I would be happy to know how to get mid section smooth as well

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”