Packaging Help

pinkbeautykiller

Packaging Help

Post by pinkbeautykiller » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:10 am

I usually package my dreads in either a kanekalon bag or zip lock bag(if the order is a kit and there isn't many dreads) inside of a priority mail flat rate padded envelope. But i have a customer who is wondering if i could just put her order in a zip lock bag inside of a regular envelope, but i'm not sure if they would damage the dreads.
I dont really feel safe about doing it shipping her dreads in a regular envelope, but i wanted to see what you guys would say.

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Packaging Help

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:05 am

Is this to save in postage? I should imagine they will be fine but I would make sure they are in something else too, even a carrier bag in case there is a tear in the outer packet.

pinkbeautykiller

Post by pinkbeautykiller » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:02 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:Is this to save in postage? I should imagine they will be fine but I would make sure they are in something else too, even a carrier bag in case there is a tear in the outer packet.
no, its not to save on postage.She was wondering because i told her that i had to order some more padded envelopes and she was wondering if i could just send it in a regular envelope or one of those orange envelopes.
Thanks x

AlphaBitch

Post by AlphaBitch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:20 pm

I use kanekaon bag wrapping for once, and on top of that, I always try and send out dreads in cardboard boxes I tailor for the dreads dimensions.
I tape the box around about a hundred times.
if you ship overseas it has to bear a lot of agressive handling and once any package gets sent back to you you'll be able to see how different it looks from the way you've sent it out, so you need to make the packaging as secured as possible.

I sometimes use these bubbled envelopes when there are only a few dreads, but I tape it too, making it secure and giving it a shape that keeps dreads in place within the envelope. I also make sure the ends are not bent.

feedback says it's working.

I think one layer-a simple envelope- is simply not enough.

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”