SleepingZzzzZZzzzZZZzzz

Hollywood

SleepingZzzzZZzzzZZZzzz

Post by Hollywood » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:22 pm

How does every one sleep in there dreads. Are there any ways to do it to extend the life of the dread?

vailismyname

Re: SleepingZzzzZZzzzZZZzzz

Post by vailismyname » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 am

Patiently, that's how! lol The first few days are wicked uncomfortable for me, as the dreads are at their stiffest and the tension is the tightest. After a few days (and a few nights of reteaching myself how is most comfortable when nestling my head into/between the pillow(s)) you become used to the feeling. I don't bother wrapping my hair up in a scarf or a hood the way many people suggest. I just sleep like normal. I imagine roving dreads are much nicer to sleep in than synthetic fiber dreads.

brandalynn

Post by brandalynn » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 am

If I am wearing roving, I use a flatter pillow to adjust for height. They are super soft and wonderful to sleep on :D When I wear synth, I put my dreads into a very high ponytail so I can roll my head around during the night and not have itchies or pain.
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:07 am

Some people suggest wearing a scarf - I used to but don't any more, I don't see that it makes much difference.

My suggestion would be to shave half your hair off :lol: I have a high undercut & have absolutely no idea how people mange a full head of dreads without at least some part shaved off.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:52 am

I have the sides of my head shaved, making sleeping so much better! If you're not willing to shave it up, I just suggest throwing the dreads up above your head; that's how I always did it. That way you can roll around without rolling onto the dreads.

NeonDreams

Post by NeonDreams » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:15 am

IMO its just like getting braided up.
Gotta get used to it.

CherryLex

Post by CherryLex » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:05 am

Same as above, tie them loosely above your head with a scarf or loose headband. I also use a memory foam pillow so they can sink into it a little more, also have the bottom of my head shaved so it makes sleeping on my back a little easier. Lots of little tricks but it's still not easy to get used to!
Invader blood marches through my veins like radio active rubber pants!
THE PANTS COMMAND ME!!!
Do not ignore my veins!

BambooPanda13

Post by BambooPanda13 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:41 am

I had a hard time figuring how to sleep with mine in as it was uncomfortable at first. Your head and body just sort of get used to it. Like others I used to wrap mine but I got too lazy, when I'm tired I just want to go to sleep haha. Mine only stay installed for my hair type for about a month then I switch them out anyway so I don't treat them special when it comes to sleeping time. I usually have them back in a ponytail since most of my sets are long and I end up rolling on them and not able to turn over without pulling on them.

Cariad Dreads

Post by Cariad Dreads » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:45 pm

I've only ever worn roving, and always with undercuts, and I find that I actually sleep better with these in than with no dreads in at all :)
Human nature's shedding skin, we're all just shedding skin...

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”